• Show
Clear All
  • ScubaAubergine
    New TDF Member
    • Dec 2012

Just adding the link...

Complete & ready to dive from £1695
    Price for a limited time only
    Last edited by ScubaAubergine; 09-11-2019, 08:58 AM.

Comment

• Wibs
      Established TDF Member
      • Aug 2015

"A simple flap" over the zip leaving the zip loop dangling — as it’s a plastic zip, it’s sensitive to being knocked open. Other manufacturers have a second zip cover or Velcro to tuck the loop in.

Unclear if this is made to measure as per Otter, Predator, Hammond

Pee valve not mentioned so an extra.

Comment

• cathal
        Established TDF Member
        • Jan 2013

The million dollar question is: is this a lightweight replacement for the R2-100????

Comment

• Vanny
          Gone diving back later
          • Jan 2013

Originally posted by cathal
          The million dollar question is: is this a lightweight replacement for the R2-100????
          I don’t think it is. I use an Ri2. Visited the showroom last week after the show. I’m not looking for a suit but had a chat with the guys there. “Wreck diving” was their question , no not really for that , produced to a large extent to satisfy their expanding American market.
          For me it’s a lighter more travel friendly o’three. For my 99% uk diving my main concern is reduced thermal protection and toughness.
          The made to measure front loader neoprene they showed me that was in production using a new neoprene made me question my bank balance. Stuff like the kubi’s , pee valves and replaceable neck seal all look excellent though.

Comment

• Paulo
            Established TDF Member
            • Dec 2012

Why not ask O'Three
            If my post doesnt have a typo, then I have probably been hacked!

Comment

• cathal
              Established TDF Member
              • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Paulo
              Why not ask O'Three
              Because I was looking for ‘enduser’ experience/views as per the original post.

Comment

• Paulo
                Established TDF Member
                • Dec 2012

Because I was looking for ‘enduser’ experience/views as per the original post.
                It is a new product with limited sales to date ... there will not be many here with end user experience.

I have examined them. The material looks robust but not as robust as the neoprene
                If my post doesnt have a typo, then I have probably been hacked!

Comment

• colinicky
                  Established TDF Member
                  • Dec 2012

I was in Othree last Sunday with Marcus & Josh. Basically Marcus said the new trilam will see the end of the R1-100.
                  I trust my rebreather implicitly I just don't trust the owner

Onwards & downwards.

Comment

• colinicky
                    Established TDF Member
                    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Wibs
                    "A simple flap" over the zip leaving the zip loop dangling — as it’s a plastic zip, it’s sensitive to being knocked open. Other manufacturers have a second zip cover or Velcro to tuck the loop in.

Unclear if this is made to measure as per Otter, Predator, Hammond

Pee valve not mentioned so an extra.
                    TBH on mine the loop is under my harness waist band so limited chance of it getting caught to my mind .

Othree suit is off the peg made to fit . On mine they are taking 2 inches out of the legs , changing the boots, & adding 2 inches round the chest & stomach & moving the inflator valve for me. No extra charge.
                    All the ones you have mentioned told me I needed a full made to measure.

Didn’t ask about pee valve as don’t use one
                    I trust my rebreather implicitly I just don't trust the owner

Onwards & downwards.

Comment

• Wibs
                      Established TDF Member
                      • Aug 2015

Pee valves. The second most important invention for scuba diving.

Comment

• Tibbs78
                        TDF Member
                        • Nov 2016

Originally posted by Wibs
                        Pee valves. The second most important invention for scuba diving.
                        One of my favourite moments in diving was with a regular dive buddy who just couldn't use his pee valve. The dive he finally managed to, I honestly thought he was toxing or having a fit, until he stopped and reported (via hand signals) that he had finally managed to pee underwater!

Comment

• cathal
                          Established TDF Member
                          • Jan 2013

Just catching up on this new dry suit. Anyone any experience with the stock plastic zip that it comes with? Keep it or use the traditional brass one?

Comment

• MikeF
                            Established TDF Member
                            • Dec 2012

Plastic zips are nice and easy to use but seem to last a couple of years of hard diving. Metal ones are less easy but last longer. Can’t say I noticed the difference in the water. I changed the zip on my suit from metal to plastic then back to metal when the plastic one started leaking.

If you look at the YKK website they are really designed and made for surface dry suits not diving dry suits.

Comment

• cathal
                              Established TDF Member
                              • Jan 2013

Originally posted by MikeF
                              I changed the zip on my suit from metal to plastic then back to metal when the plastic one started leaking.
                              Thanks for that. Can I ask was that plastic zip you changed, the one on the O Three 90/90?

Comment

• MikeF
                                Established TDF Member
                                • Dec 2012

different suit. same zip YKK aquaseal

Comment

Working...