Clear All
  • steelemonkey
    Established TDF Member
    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by gpj
    He forgot arse hair
    Back, Sack And Crack
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Comment

• AndrewRawlingson
      Established TDF Member
      • Dec 2012

Are we doing lists? OK, apart from all the obvious stuff like war and famine:

1. Litter
      2. People
      3. Sand

I may have mentioned all of those things more than once already.

The rest of life I can tolerate.

Comment

• gordyp
        I like spaghetti and meatballs
        • Dec 2012

People who don't have basic manners and don't say please and thankyou, conversation in the cafe this morning:

Rude git - Bacon roll and a black coffee
        Me (standing in the queue behind him) - Please!
        Girl hands him his order
        Me (standing in the queue behind him) - Thankyou!
        Rude git to me - mind your own fucking business!
        Me - Please!

Rude git stomps off.......
        I stink, therefore I am.

Comment

• Ian@1904
          Team Starburst
          • Dec 2012

Staff demanding fan heaters as their part of the open office is cold. Fan heaters issued- no plug attached. Next time demand fan heaters that work (Fan heaters really mess up the thermostats in our office so the MD will not allow their use at the moment
          Staff failing to submit their mileage returns. Then discovering that I am applying the HR approved* company policy of deducting £250 for private fuel this month. Yes, the updated policy has been issued to all staff, some time back.
          Staff realising that my accounting ledger has recorded the advance I paid to them, just in case they "cough" forgot to repay the money.
          Suppliers finally realising that the reason I have asked so many questions about a couple of invoices is because the invoices are actually wrong, even if a manager has authorised the payment.
          Happy Wednesday everyone

*written by me of course

Comment

• Logun
            Sir Logun
            • Dec 2012

Forum threads with 5000 posts and not a single piece of useful information in them.
            Originally posted by steelemonkey
            I hereby decree that all on this site should now refer to you as Sir Logun.

Comment

• Divemouse
              Pedantic Pig
              • Dec 2012

I got caught doing 35 in a 30 and had to pay £88 and go on a course. Rob got caught doing 38 in a 30 and got a letter telling him not to do it again.
              Definitely don't doubt Dawn - not if you value your life

Comment

• Tim Digger
                Prior Member
                • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Divemouse
                I got caught doing 35 in a 30 and had to pay £88 and go on a course. Rob got caught doing 38 in a 30 and got a letter telling him not to do it again.
                I felt aggrieved when I had a £100 fine and an offer of 3points or being thrown out of a speed awareness course (I would have been I know). I am currently awaiting my wife catching me up again our points have expired and leapfrogged over the years. I hope definitely her turn next. This is not to defend a certain MPs point swapping with spouse, his mistake was getting divorced.
                Evolution is great at solving problems. It's the methods that concern me.
                Tim Digger

Comment

• steelemonkey
                  Established TDF Member
                  • Dec 2012

Well, he is a model. Perhaps he fluttered his eyelashes at someone.
                  Paul.
                  If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
                  Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Comment

• dwhitlow
                    Coastal Member
                    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Logun
                    Forum threads with 5000 posts and not a single piece of useful information in them.
                    but you've provided 1.827 posts. Who did the rest?

Comment

• steelemonkey
                      Established TDF Member
                      • Dec 2012

Originally posted by dwhitlow
                      but you've provided 1.827 posts. Who did the rest?
                      No-one, because we are all figments of the wild imagination of Finless.
                      Paul.

Comment

• Baron015
                        Nav jāuztraucas par manu zirgu
                        • Jan 2013

Waiting for gas man to come change the meter.

He now says he came at 2.40pm and knocked several times but no answer.

I have been lying on the sofa with the front door in full view since 1pm. No one has knocked.

Sigh.

Memento mori.

Comment

• cazyoung
                          I still don't have a member
                          • Dec 2012

I am waiting for the washing machine repair man to come. He said 3pm………….
                          A fully paid up member of the CRAFT Club

I failed to dive in Antartica
                          I used to have a handle on life but it broke

Comment

• steelemonkey
                            Established TDF Member
                            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Baron015
                            Waiting for gas man to come change the meter.

He now says he came at 2.40pm and knocked several times but no answer.

I have been lying on the sofa with the front door in full view since 1pm. No one has knocked.

Sigh.
                            I arranged for the gas meter to be changed between 6 & 8pm, got home from work to find a card telling me they had called at 4pm.
                            Paul.

Comment

• Tim Digger
                              Prior Member
                              • Feb 2013

We are inching towards a totally internet integrated society. Some couriers can manage to tell you the hour they will arrive and meet their obligation. Others weelll! As for trades persons and more importantly their national companies, internet societal awareness it is about 5 years behind. Yes it may well only be thatmuch.

BUT DO YOU WANT IT? Your every move available on line, well maybe I'm just a Ludite.
                              Evolution is great at solving problems. It's the methods that concern me.
                              Tim Digger

Comment

• nigel hewitt
                                Established TDF Member
                                • Sep 2013

I was not caught doing 160 on the A3.
                                It was raining too.

Oh that was the A3 just south of Aachen.
                                I promised I wouldn't get another motorbike but they are singing songs to me...
                                Helium, because I'm worth it.
                                Waterboarding at Guantanamo Bay sounded like a radical holiday opportunity until I looked it up.

Comment

Working...