X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scunnered
    New TDF Member
    • Nov 2013

Zip going

The zip on my trusty Waterproof Draco looks like it is going to give up the ghost at any time. No leaks yet, but care needed when opening/closing.

Looking for a bit of advice - How much would it cost to replace the zip? Is it worth doing or should I just think about getting a new drysuit?
  • Woz
    All hail ZOM
    • Dec 2012

About £120 for a replacement
    I have nothing to do with BSAC any more apart from being a muggle member. So anything I write on here is likely to be complete bollocks. Hooray!

Comment

• BTS
      feckface von clownstick
      • Dec 2012

Assuming rear entry a zip is about £60, then what ever the cost is to fit.

Front entry zips around £100

It is not a new suit issue unless you are looking for an excuse...
      What to do? I only have three bullets and there are four of motley crew...

Comment

• Scunnered
        New TDF Member
        • Nov 2013

BTS... The thought never crossed my mind..... But now that you mention it 😊

Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_342 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Chrisch
          Tofu eating wokerato
          • Jan 2013

There is a comprehensive price guide to zips here:

(No idea what they are like - search engine result)

I guess it depends on the condition of the suit and what other items might need to be replaced and in what timescale. I find the zips can get very stiff over the years but never actually had to replace one - the suit has always given out first.
          There are only two things that are infinite, the universe and Tory corruption and I am not sure about the universe.
          With apologies to Albert Einstein.

Comment

Working...