Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 34
  1. #1
    Established TDF Member Tel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,584
    Likes (Given)
    253
    Likes (Received)
    1158

    Wanted - Dive Knives

    I'm after about a dozen mid-sized dive knives as ebay won't sell them

    Not looking at Machetes, or the smaller BC type, just standard mid-range knives like this
    Scubapro K5 Stainless steel dive Knife

    Brand not important, but a known one at least and has to be in a matched scabbard
    (no home efforts please). Can paypal straight away, message me what you have and
    how much you want with postage.

  2. #2
    Established TDF Member Paulo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    13,188
    Likes (Given)
    5223
    Likes (Received)
    4675
    Blog Entries
    1
    Would it not be cheaper / easier to get a job lot of trilobites?

    I know it isn't the question you asked but would tick the same box and be cheaper
    Remember anything you read on the internet was probably written by some guy sitting at home in his underpants! Including this !!

    Illegitimi non carborundum

  3. #3
    Established TDF Member Iain Smith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Cornwall
    Posts
    2,529
    Likes (Given)
    1320
    Likes (Received)
    1601
    Quote Originally Posted by Tel View Post
    I'm after about a dozen mid-sized dive knives as ebay won't sell them

    Not looking at Machetes, or the smaller BC type, just standard mid-range knives like this
    Scubapro K5 Stainless steel dive Knife

    Brand not important, but a known one at least and has to be in a matched scabbard
    (no home efforts please). Can paypal straight away, message me what you have and
    how much you want with postage.
    Get a couple of packs of these at <1 each, snap the tips off to the desired length, grind the broken edge smooth and get some 2" webbing sewn up into sheaths. Probably still cheaper than buying a dozen second hand dive knives.

    Iain

  4. #4
    Established TDF Member Tel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,584
    Likes (Given)
    253
    Likes (Received)
    1158
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain Smith View Post
    Get a couple of packs of these at <1 each, snap the tips off to the desired length, grind the broken edge smooth and get some 2" webbing sewn up into sheaths. Probably still cheaper than buying a dozen second hand dive knives.

    Iain
    No thanks to both (I did say no home efforts ) , for a whole list of reasons not worth going into,
    i'm after exactly as posted and nowt else.

  5. #5
    Bacon fiend londonsean69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    3,552
    Likes (Given)
    3268
    Likes (Received)
    3226
    Why not approach someone like Go Dive and ask for a bulk discount. Surely it's got to be easier than sorting out 12 lots of paypal, making sure all 12 knives turn up etc.

    Much as I despise Beaver kit - Brands :: Beaver Sports :: Beaver Explorer Dive Knife - Largest Selection of Diving, Scuba Gear & Snorkelling Equipment in the UK! - at 13 a piece is it worth messing with used kit?
    Sean

    A few more pics - www.arrowpix.com

  6. #6
    The swimming rodent Treerat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    North Cornwall / Devon border
    Posts
    739
    Likes (Given)
    166
    Likes (Received)
    493
    Quote Originally Posted by londonsean69 View Post
    at 13 a piece is it worth messing with used kit?
    That's what I was thinking, and this is before bulk purchase discount - Northern Diver BCD Knife | Deep Blue Dive

    and these are only a tenner - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Diving-knife...5315791&sr=1-4

    And loads on ebay - Scuba Diving Knife | eBay
    Last edited by Treerat; 24-11-2013 at 04:58 PM.
    Andy
    www.budediveclub.co.uk
    www.gafirs.org.uk
    If it moves - canoe it, if it doesn't dive it!

  7. #7
    Established TDF Member Tel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,584
    Likes (Given)
    253
    Likes (Received)
    1158
    Again, no thanks, if you have anything for sale message me,
    if not then please feel free to ignore this post

  8. #8
    TDF Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Livingston , Scotland
    Posts
    173
    Likes (Given)
    59
    Likes (Received)
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by Tel View Post
    I'm after about a dozen mid-sized dive knives as ebay won't sell them

    .
    EBAY do sell them

  9. #9
    feckface von clownstick BTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Torbaydos
    Posts
    10,000
    Likes (Given)
    5921
    Likes (Received)
    5571
    Quote Originally Posted by Tel View Post
    Again, no thanks, if you have anything for sale message me,
    if not then please feel free to ignore this post
    Indeed, please refrain from giving Terry sound advice such as decent knives at 13 a pop, I myself was going to mention a twelve pound knife. I am sure someone will be along soon with a dozen second hand ones for bugger all...
    What to do? I only have three bullets and there are four of motley crew...

  10. #10
    Established TDF Member Tel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,584
    Likes (Given)
    253
    Likes (Received)
    1158
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyWishart View Post
    EBAY do sell them
    Overseas maybe, but UK sales are banned under ebay T&C and even when lumped in
    with kit sales and won, the sale can be voided if they find out, which is quite often.
    Many try and get round this by putting it under "diver's safety tool", but if in a pic it
    still gets culled.


 
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •