X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • watch
    New TDF Member
    • Oct 2013

Adjustable Harness - Agir Harpa or KT Winch

I'm thinking of replacing the break in my harness with a one piece adjustable for use with twin 12s (previous injury makes a standard OPH difficult)

Does anybody have experience with either the Agir-Brokk Harpa or the Kent Tooling Winch?

The d-ring accessory thing with the Halcyon cinch looks quite good, although I've seen quite a few negative comments about the cinch, putting me off this.
  • Dive dog
    Closed Account.
    • Dec 2012

They both work very well.
    The KT one is GUE compliant though if you are looking to do Fundies in the future.
    I believe John sells his winch in pairs.
    I actually sell them one at a time as I do not see the need for two.

Comment

• Beaker
      Banned
      • Dec 2012

I've got both and the KT one just doesn't work, tried it with a few different type of webbing but there's just too much friction for it to work (mate has tried them as well and had the same).
      You also need to add washers to push the backplate away from the cylinder, if you don't then the cylinder pushes against the webbing trapping it.
      Then tried the Harpa loop, left side only, and it works brilliantly with different brands of webbing, really can't fault it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

• Dive dog
        Closed Account.
        • Dec 2012

Really?, I just fed mine on the webbing and they work everytime, no problems.
        Different strokes I guess.

Comment

• JeremyJ
          New TDF Member
          • Dec 2012

I haven't tried the KT version so this isn't really a comparison, but I do have the Harpa (left side only) and can say it's very simple and works well for me.

Highly recommended. Just make sure it fits your backplate slot as the 'standard' slot size seems to have expanded over the past few years. I think Deep Ideas do current and old-timer versions.

Comment

• Paulo
            Established TDF Member
            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Beaker
            I've got both and the KT one just doesn't work, tried it with a few different type of webbing but there's just too much friction for it to work (mate has tried them as well and had the same).
            You also need to add washers to push the backplate away from the cylinder, if you don't then the cylinder pushes against the webbing trapping it.
            Then tried the Harpa loop, left side only, and it works brilliantly with different brands of webbing, really can't fault it.

I agree. I had a KT one for a few dives and had the same problems. I ended up selling it for what I paid for it
            If my post doesnt have a typo, then I have probably been hacked!

Comment

• Vanny
              Gone diving back later
              • Jan 2013

Been using the agir harpa , on both sides, for the past couple months. Seems great does what it's meant to. No experience of the KT kit.

Comment

• Jackdiver
                Mark
                • Dec 2012

I have the KT winch on a Halcyon backplate.

It works great for me.
                Not a "Technical Diver"....

Comment

• Mikael
                  Could start a fight in a convent.
                  • Dec 2012

KT winch doesn't work?!

Had it on my red hat back plate well over a year and its working. No need for extra washers on mine, my back plate already has enough of a V shape to stop the tanks trapping webbing
                  Why is it that with everything in life I always find a more difficult way of doing it (and not intentionally)

Comment

• Major Clanger
                    Purine hurts my feet
                    • Dec 2012

Does this harpa thing come on it's own or do you have to buy all the webbing paraphernalia with it as well? Interested in the thing but not 37 odd quid for the rest of it.

Sent from my ivory tower using Tapatalk
                    GaryL

Comment

• BTS
                      feckface von clownstick
                      • Dec 2012

I tried the winch, it doesn't work on the surface of the water, works fine on a bench when the weight of the kit is supported but doesn't help when trying to get back on a RIB in a choppy sea....
                      What to do? I only have three bullets and there are four of motley crew...

Comment

• Mark Chase
                        Old but keen
                        • Dec 2012

I have one home made and one Harper. Both work no problem except they dig in your back a bit when carrying kit on land.

Never seen or tried the KT

I had the Halcyon system before and that was totaly useless.

I use two I had one only (home made) which worked fine but two just makes it very very easy to de kit

Took my Harper ststem on DIRF and they said no. So i had to use a fixed rig and suffer the ignomay of having to have people de kit me after every dive.

ATB

Mark

Comment

• Beaker
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Major Clanger
                          Does this harpa thing come on it's own or do you have to buy all the webbing paraphernalia with it as well? Interested in the thing but not 37 odd quid for the rest of it.

Sent from my ivory tower using Tapatalk
                          That's the only negative, it comes with webbing and can't be bought on its own.
                          I emailed Agir about it but no reply.....

Comment

• Vanny
                            Gone diving back later
                            • Jan 2013

When I bought my agir, deep ideas were quite clear that you should use the supplied webbing , apparently other types won't slide/work properly. That said I'm sure the webbing can't be unique.

Comment

• Dive dog
                              Closed Account.
                              • Dec 2012

I use my KT one when standing. Mainly when there are no benches, that way I can get one arm out and swing the tanks round and lower them to the ground.

Comment

Working...