Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ordinskaya Caves near the Ural mountains

The Ordinskaya Caves, Orda for short, are world famous for their incredible visibility and unforgettable scenery. Orda is the world's largest underwater gypsum cave and the longest underwater cave in Russia. Orda is located near the Ural mountain range and is reachable by couple of hours car ride from the nearest airports. The car ride might actually be more dangerous than the cave diving bit...

The first expeditions to Orda were done in 1994. In 2006 a mapping project was begun. But even today, there are unchartered areas with question marks on the map. Cave line covered by huge boulders acts as a reminder that this is a living cave.

Our club visited this cave system in September. Really worth the visit and additional effort of getting there. We swam 13-15 kilometers and still did not cover everything. I shot 9 hours of u/w HD footage. Here is the first sampling. Please view in full screen - you might have to right-click and select "Watch on vimeo" in order to do that.

Last edited by r4e; 29-10-2013 at 05:36 AM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Second Episode

This is turning into a mini series...

This second episode was shot as we were returning from the Krasnoyarsk Circuit. The Basic Passage and Left Passage are near to the cave entrance and reachable by any full cave diver. The closing shots were taken by illumating the surroundings of Sail Rock. After this sequence we continued the dive by visiting the Right Passage (see future episode).

Please view in full screen - you might have to right-click and select "Watch on vimeo" in order to do that.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Nice video. I'd love to visit Orda. I have seen some beautiful underwater shots from this cave and ordered a couple of images. I will have to do with that until I visit the caves in person

Quote Originally Posted by r4e View Post
    This is turning into a mini series...

This second episode was shot as we were returning from the Krasnoyarsk Circuit. The Basic Passage and Left Passage are near to the cave entrance and reachable by any full cave diver. The closing shots were taken by illumating the surroundings of Sail Rock. After this sequence we continued the dive by visiting the Right Passage (see future episode).

Please view in full screen - you might have to right-click and select "Watch on vimeo" in order to do that.
    Pain is weakness leaving the body