Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    This is how the photo looked when loaded into PaintshopPro X6, which doesn't have the reputation of having the best RAW Engine and saved as a JPG.

I then ran it through a plugin called Perfectlyclear which does a smart fix on photos and this is what it produced.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I have just loaded it into Raw Therapee (a free Raw converter) and it reads it almost exactly like the JPG without any adjustments required.
    Looks as if, as others have already said, it's an ACR issue.
    Out of curiosity I had a look at the white balance settings in Raw Therapee and unfortunately it seems like they don't transfer over to ACR on a like for basis or even work in the same way.
    Carl Blythe

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I've just done some tests with my DSLR on ambient light (without magic filters, just manual WB) and found exactly the same - the RAW file in lightroom is still heavily tinted with no further adjustment possible whereas loading the same file into DPP has far better colour balance and more scope for editing.

Annoyingly it looks like for ambient light images i might need to add another step to my workflow - initial RAW in DPP, export as TIFF then edit properly in lightroom.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123