Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Just installed DPP and the photo came out as green initially but let me set a manual WB with no issues to get this:

Which looks similar to the JPG as expected. No other edits.

So it seems to be an adobe issue with the RAW files.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Downloaded the RAW file into my LR4 and got a similar greenish pic!

Weird...

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Check to ensure your version of Canon RAW/DNG Convertor is up to date, you need to be running version 6.3 or higher (installing a new version of Lightroom will not update canon RAW)

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Windows : Adobe DNG Converter 8.2
    Please visit bottlefish for my personal web site, Quay Cameras to chat to me about the cameras and kit that I sell

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Latest ACR and lightroom certainly. Plus its a 3 year old camera so has been fully supported for ages.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    I downloaded it into Paintshop Pro X6 and it came out very similar to the JPG so it looks like it is an Adobe problem.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I've just had a play, managed to get the CR2 file as far as this:

It's not an exact match, but not a million miles off to the JPG

The problem with the photo is that there's note a great deal of colour balance there to begin with. Simple white balance wont work, so I had to also adjust saturation levels and hue across the channels. With a bit more playing and a lot more knowledge I reckon you could get it to match exactly...
    Please visit bottlefish for my personal web site, Quay Cameras to chat to me about the cameras and kit that I sell

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Just to eliminate more things i converted the RAW via the latest adobe DNG converter to a DNG file. Same issue in LR and Photoshop. Green.

FWIW i have the same issue on shallow 6m reef shots albeit not as severe (where there is some genuine red channel). JPG there appears much better than i can get with the RAW even after post processing.
    Last edited by String; 22-10-2013 at 11:04 AM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    There is something on the magic filter site, regarding the GW filter, which might help explain a little fo what is happening....

RAW + JPG
    During the development of the Greenwater Magic filter we have noticed that RAW and JPG files (taken simultaneously) can look a little different and sometimes the JPG can look more pleasing. Surprisingly we have not been able to exactly match the look of the JPG files using Adobe Camera Raw to adjust the RAW files. We attribute this difference to additional processing applied to the JPG files in the camera. We can match them using the fine control in Photoshop, and we expect that we could in the manufacturer’s RAW converters.
    Anyway, we recommend that you shoot RAW + JPG with the Greenwater Magic filter so that you can use the JPG files should you prefer them.
    Potentially the same issue?
    Sean

A few more pics - www.arrowpix.com

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by londonsean69 View Post
    There is something on the magic filter site, regarding the GW filter, which might help explain a little fo what is happening....

Potentially the same issue?
    I'd say so

At looks as though the in-camera adjust is applying hue and saturation as well as basic colour balancing, that's not being transportable when you bring it across to Adobe. I don't have DPP installed anymore, if anyone does, have a look at all the colour adjustments (not just white balance) to see what's happening.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thats the best explanation ive seen so far. The above photo 18m so no red channel left at all. Ive had similar but less severe differences at 6m. I have taken ambient light non filter at those depths without so much difficulty though.

I'll try to get the DSLR in with a filter to compare at some point although the up coming algae bloom could stop that for a while (oh and work, thats getting in the way too).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast