Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1693 of 1713 FirstFirst ... 6931193159316431683169116921693169416951703 ... LastLast
Results 16,921 to 16,930 of 17130
  1. #16921
    Team Starburst Ian@1904's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Bedfordshire
    Posts
    1,186
    Likes (Given)
    137
    Likes (Received)
    565
    Kit packed. Mr. Anderson will open his "Window of Scorn" for me on Sunday. Happy Days.

  2. #16922
    Established TDF Member steelemonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Too far from the sea!
    Posts
    12,095
    Likes (Given)
    3678
    Likes (Received)
    6955
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulo View Post
    As this is a diving forum and not a biking forum ...

    I am on holidays in Greece. There is only 1 LDC in the town. Most of their dives do not interest me. Those that do are booked out for the duration of my trip.

    Oh well just as well it was intended as a non diving week anyway
    What sort of motorbikes do the locals ride?
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

  3. #16923
    Pedantic Pig Divemouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    6,827
    Likes (Given)
    9295
    Likes (Received)
    4626
    The cat just bought me a harvest mouse - I've never seen a live one in the wild, but I suspect he has seen many.
    Definitely don't doubt Dawn - not if you value your life

  4. #16924
    Established TDF Member steelemonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Too far from the sea!
    Posts
    12,095
    Likes (Given)
    3678
    Likes (Received)
    6955
    Quote Originally Posted by Divemouse View Post
    The cat just bought me a harvest mouse - I've never seen a live one in the wild, but I suspect he has seen many.
    Did it survive the experience with the vicious creature?
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

  5. #16925
    Pedantic Pig Divemouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    6,827
    Likes (Given)
    9295
    Likes (Received)
    4626
    The mouse did not survive, the cat was happy to exchange the corpse for cat sweets - he has wares if I have coin apparently.
    Definitely don't doubt Dawn - not if you value your life

  6. #16926
    Confused? You will be. Jay_Benson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Belper, Europe
    Posts
    3,672
    Likes (Given)
    2466
    Likes (Received)
    2316
    The fasctory has had solar PV panels for around 3 years. So far whenever we put electricity into the grid we have not been p[aid for it as we do not have an export meter fitted. I have negotiated a price of 0.125 per kWh for all the electricty we input into the grid once we have the meter fitted. Today the engioneer came to fit the export meter. He had a look at themeter that is installed and asked that why do you want to change this meter - it is already an export meter? How many kWh has it generated since the panels were installed? 82152kWh. So I am going to be asking for my money - ~10k -what are the chances that I will get it? Hmm, I think I know the answer.

    The operator has had the ability to look at my export generation without any hassle since the panels were installed - but they didn't tell me, they just took the power.
    Public transport planning info at www.traveline.info

  7. #16927
    Established TDF Member Energy58's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    London at the moment
    Posts
    2,140
    Likes (Given)
    344
    Likes (Received)
    589
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay_Benson View Post
    The fasctory has had solar PV panels for around 3 years. So far whenever we put electricity into the grid we have not been p[aid for it as we do not have an export meter fitted. I have negotiated a price of 0.125 per kWh for all the electricty we input into the grid once we have the meter fitted. Today the engioneer came to fit the export meter. He had a look at themeter that is installed and asked that why do you want to change this meter - it is already an export meter? How many kWh has it generated since the panels were installed? 82152kWh. So I am going to be asking for my money - ~10k -what are the chances that I will get it? Hmm, I think I know the answer.

    The operator has had the ability to look at my export generation without any hassle since the panels were installed - but they didn't tell me, they just took the power.
    Dunno but I suspect you may have a battle on your hands as the meter needs to be registered as an export meter in the big database in the sky (regardless of what it actually is) before it can be "seen" by the system so your electricity supplier didn't get any benefit from the electricity you pumped into the grid as it was effectively invisible, it will have merely reduced local distribution system losses (which are simply the difference between metered demand and estimated demand and metered electricity put into the system) a little bit which in turn reduced everyone else's bill by a minute amount. I suspect your supplier should have registered the export meter (in the system they are seen as 2 meters even though it is one box) but if they didn't know it was an import/export meter (which sounds like the case) how could they?

  8. #16928
    Pedantic Pig Divemouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    6,827
    Likes (Given)
    9295
    Likes (Received)
    4626
    We currently have around 50 20kg bags of cat litter in 5 big piles in the house. I went to get one today, only to find that the cat had vomited what looks like liquid rat onto and between every pile and across the pile of clean litter trays I'd put on top. Furry little bastard.
    Definitely don't doubt Dawn - not if you value your life

  9. #16929
    Confused? You will be. Jay_Benson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Belper, Europe
    Posts
    3,672
    Likes (Given)
    2466
    Likes (Received)
    2316
    Quote Originally Posted by Energy58 View Post
    Dunno but I suspect you may have a battle on your hands as the meter needs to be registered as an export meter in the big database in the sky (regardless of what it actually is) before it can be "seen" by the system so your electricity supplier didn't get any benefit from the electricity you pumped into the grid as it was effectively invisible, it will have merely reduced local distribution system losses (which are simply the difference between metered demand and estimated demand and metered electricity put into the system) a little bit which in turn reduced everyone else's bill by a minute amount. I suspect your supplier should have registered the export meter (in the system they are seen as 2 meters even though it is one box) but if they didn't know it was an import/export meter (which sounds like the case) how could they?
    Sadly I fear you are right. Still, at now I now have a good idea of how much I can expect to receive going forward.
    Public transport planning info at www.traveline.info

  10. #16930
    Team Starburst Ian@1904's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Bedfordshire
    Posts
    1,186
    Likes (Given)
    137
    Likes (Received)
    565
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian@1904 View Post
    Kit packed. Mr. Anderson will open his "Window of Scorn" for me on Sunday. Happy Days.
    Two weeks of utter scorn. Orkney, Scapa, northern Isles, North coast, St Kilda, more north coast. Great tales to tell and one or two videos


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •