Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1689 of 1697 FirstFirst ... 689118915891639167916871688168916901691 ... LastLast
Results 16,881 to 16,890 of 16961
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Noggin the Nog View Post
    Puncture safe is a great addition to tyres, especially tubless.
    But you need to put it in before you get a puncture, not do what some cheapskates do and put it in a pannier until bad luck strikes. I've used the OKO equivalent too, which is just as good.
    The only people who don't like it are tyre monkeys.
    I recently had a puncture on the car, tyres have a sound deading foam layer in them, to reduce road noise; which means they can not be repaired.
    Guy looked the other way while I ripped the crap out of the Michelin, apparently Contis you can not remove it at all!

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesp View Post
    I recently had a puncture on the car, tyres have a sound deading foam layer in them, to reduce road noise; which means they can not be repaired.
    Guy looked the other way while I ripped the crap out of the Michelin, apparently Contis you can not remove it at all!
    Mrs MarkA got a slow puncture in the car. Pumped it up enough to get it to the local tyre repair place. It was repaired with one of those strings. Still holding after 2 weeks. Assume yours was a proper repair with the tyre off the rim.

Confused? You will be. Jay_Benson's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkA View Post
    Mrs MarkA got a slow puncture in the car. Pumped it up enough to get it to the local tyre repair place. It was repaired with one of those strings. Still holding after 2 weeks. Assume yours was a proper repair with the tyre off the rim.
    The strings seem to work really well - it is what I would have used if I had had a tubeless tyre.
    Public transport planning info at www.traveline.info

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay_Benson View Post
    The strings seem to work really well - it is what I would have used if I had had a tubeless tyre.
    All I need now is a motorcycle (with tubeless tyres). We went to a motorcycle rally 2 weeks ago, so working on Mrs MarkA. We need to keep up with the Joneses as both neighbours have motorcycles.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    All I need now is a motorcycle (with tubeless tyres). We went to a motorcycle rally 2 weeks ago, so working on Mrs MarkA. We need to keep up with the Joneses as both neighbours have motorcycles.
    https://www.wheelsmotorcycles.co.uk/...12r/125330.htm

Lovely. Not too much dosh either.
    We give 350m a week to the EU. Let's give it to Dido Harding instead.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    What type of bike are you after?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Nip to Wheels and get yourself one of these. I did. Amazing bike. Like a plastic crotch rocket but all day comfortable. And that V4 engine is unbelievable. They do a 660 for the missus

https://www.wheelsmotorcycles.co.uk/...100/123207.htm
    I have nothing to do with BSAC any more apart from being a muggle member. So anything I write on here is likely to be complete bollocks. Hooray!

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    Nip to Wheels and get yourself one of these. I did. Amazing bike. Like a plastic crotch rocket but all day comfortable. And that V4 engine is unbelievable. They do a 660 for the missus

https://www.wheelsmotorcycles.co.uk/...100/123207.htm
    its very tempting with the all day comfort sounding good. The last road bike I had was a Bonneville, so I can see exuberance overcoming ability with that bike. Had a walk round to Wheels a few months ago to have a good oggle.

At Capital Moto Week there was a Ducati stand. Mrs MarkA liked them but considered them way too expensive, especially the V4. At the honda stand she liked the CB500X, so maybe something like that? Both neighbours have Tiger 1200's. Maybe I can push for a Tiger 660 or a second hand 800.

Mrs MarkA doesn't ride but likes the idea of some touring with the neighbours and their wives. Maybe its the dressing up in leather?
    Last edited by MarkA; 09-08-2022 at 04:31 PM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    All the major bike makers have an adventure style bike and all seem to be pretty capable. The CB500X is well regarded but on long highway runs the Tigers will leave you behind whereas the Tiger 800 should keep up pretty well. I would avoid the KTM range as they are very focussed and depending on the model there may be issues with them being a little fragile- also they are, IMHO, possibly the fugliest bike on the market at the moment - very powerful engined though.

Whatever you get - makes sure it ignites your soul

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    It needs to ignite both mine and Mrs MarkA’s soul. Hers is a bit more tight fisted than mine.

It’s a pity I didn’t go for the neighbours Tiger800 when he swapped it for the 1200.