Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1678 of 1713 FirstFirst ... 6781178157816281668167616771678167916801688 ... LastLast
Results 16,771 to 16,780 of 17130
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by F.P. View Post
    Been to a shop (Aldi's) this afternoon; 'cause MarInLaw is 96, especially as she is just out of hospital, I wore a face mask - I was told quite forcibly by a young mother that I didn't need to be so 'stupid'! And stop scaring her brood and she didn't see any need to wear 'protection' as CV19 was over...

Oh well. I took no notice and even the checkout chappie ignored her chuntering about me - told me he was quite happy that I was one of the few wearing masks nowadays.
    People react like that because they are scared and you remind them of their fear. They have lied to themselves about it being "over" - which it demonstrably is not - and you are making the point they are self deluding. All you need do now is say something about climate change and you will be shot by angry Mail readers for being woke.
    We give 350m a week to the EU. Let's give it to Dido Harding instead.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by F.P. View Post
    Been to a shop (Aldi's) this afternoon; 'cause MarInLaw is 96, especially as she is just out of hospital, I wore a face mask - I was told quite forcibly by a young mother that I didn't need to be so 'stupid'! And stop scaring her brood and she didn't see any need to wear 'protection' as CV19 was over...

Oh well. I took no notice and even the checkout chappie ignored her chuntering about me - told me he was quite happy that I was one of the few wearing masks nowadays.
    I can't understand people getting upset by somebody wearing a mask!
    The mask is to protect them not the wearer.
    Some people just like to be upset and angry.

Rob

.. ... -. .----. - / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . / --. --- --- -..

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by taz View Post
    The Daily Mail has a circulation of c1million. So you are right - and there are quite a lot of them.

Nicotine, valium, vicodin... notdeadyet's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by taz View Post
    I can't understand people getting upset by somebody wearing a mask!
    The mask is to protect them not the wearer.

Rob

I can understand it. It's not about anything as sensible or logical as who is protecting who from what. It's about beliefs and someone wearing a mask is offending another's beliefs just like it was a religion.

And then there are idiots like Neil Oliver fuelling all this bollocks in the media, poncing round like they are leading the charge for freedom.
    Caliph Hamish Aw-Michty Ay-Ya-Bastard, Spiritual leader of Scottish State in England

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    People who sit in their cars while parked with the engine running. And then complain about the price of fuel!
    Evolution is great at solving problems. It's the methods that concern me.
    Tim Digger

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Coming down ill again just ahead of several weekends planned diving… then reading all the reports about how great the conditions are at the moment !

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmE View Post
    Coming down ill again just ahead of several weekends planned diving… then reading all the reports about how great the conditions are at the moment !
    Sorry to hear that. We had fabulous viz on the Persier and Elk wrecks today. Probably 15 metres to go with the 15c water temp.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisch View Post
    People react like that because they are scared and you remind them of their fear. They have lied to themselves about it being "over" - which it demonstrably is not - and you are making the point they are self deluding. All you need do now is say something about climate change and you will be shot by angry Mail readers for being woke.
    Or, perhaps they feel that they were lied to by 'the man' (other genders be they real or self identified are may obviously be 'the man' should they feel represented by the generic term for person(s) in power) and humans have now to live with covid the same as with influenza (or some variation of that theme) and 2 years were wasted and lives adversely affected in many other ways.

Climate change? The only answer is a huge reduction in the numbers of humans on the planet (IMO). I thought you might have been in favour of letting covid 'run free'.

Still churning out the same old stuff? Can't make a post without insulting some people/group?
    Last edited by Finless; 12-07-2022 at 06:30 AM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Digger View Post
    People who sit in their cars while parked with the engine running. And then complain about the price of fuel!
    It now costs too much to keep the aircon running might be an alternative POV?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Finless View Post
    Still churning out the same old stuff? Can't make a post without insulting some people/group?
    Nothing has changed. Idiots take offence at the truth.