Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1673 of 1713 FirstFirst ... 6731173157316231663167116721673167416751683 ... LastLast
Results 16,721 to 16,730 of 17130
    Established TDF Member steelemonkey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisch View Post
    Bargain hunt?
    Not as yellow.
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Bloody NHS admin! Turned up for an appointment for a biopsy, reported to the recption where I was told to go on the letter only to be told that there was no appointment for me on the system so p**s off.
    One hour later, I get a phone call from the consultant's department asking me why I hadn't turned up for my appointment. I then rushed back and had the biopsy. Turns out there are two different booking systems, one for outpatient appointments and a different one for procedures. The letter had sent me to the wrong reception desk. The two units are literally ten feet apart and the receptionist couldn't be bothered to direct me across there.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I got that too, but the two depts were at either end of a very big hospital and I had 5 mins to run the length of it, as helpful people directed me into dead ends and cupboards.
    Definitely don't doubt Dawn - not if you value your life

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Rob has given me a virus which has enormously inflamed my tonsils so things like paracetamol keep getting wedged in them somehow. He said that wasn't physically possible, so I was forced to cough one back up to prove my point.
    Definitely don't doubt Dawn - not if you value your life

Established TDF Member Nickpicks's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Someone has accidentally used my email to sign up for a fertility tracking app, so I'm getting daily email reports telling me about how fertile I am (which I thought should be zero due to a couple of little snips a few years ago), when I'm going to be ovulating etc.

There's no option on the email to cancel or unsubscribe, and the only way I could log in to delete "my" account is by installing the app, which isn't available in the UK. So it looks like the only way I can sort this is to find their support email and tell them to delete my data (in line with their pricacy agreement)

I thought all subscriptions had to be double authenticated since a few years ago - obviously not this one.
    Proud to be a boring health and softy crap following sissie!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Divemouse View Post
    Rob has given me a virus which has enormously inflamed my tonsils so things like paracetamol keep getting wedged in them somehow. He said that wasn't physically possible, so I was forced to cough one back up to prove my point.
    Obviously this is Feline Influenza. The next symptom will be coughing up fur balls.
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickpicks View Post
    Someone has accidentally used my email to sign up for a fertility tracking app, so I'm getting daily email reports telling me about how fertile I am (which I thought should be zero due to a couple of little snips a few years ago), when I'm going to be ovulating etc.

There's no option on the email to cancel or unsubscribe, and the only way I could log in to delete "my" account is by installing the app, which isn't available in the UK. So it looks like the only way I can sort this is to find their support email and tell them to delete my data (in line with their pricacy agreement)

I thought all subscriptions had to be double authenticated since a few years ago - obviously not this one.
    Can't you just block them?
    Paul.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickpicks View Post
    ... when I'm going to be ovulating ....
    Could be a long wait.
    We give 350m a week to the EU. Let's give it to Dido Harding instead.

Confused? You will be. Jay_Benson's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Public transport planning info at www.traveline.info

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    How ahead of it's time.
    Evolution is great at solving problems. It's the methods that concern me.
    Tim Digger