X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Paulo
    Established TDF Member
    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by steelemonkey
    There was a ginormous bee in one of my out buildings today. I suppose it is time for nest building. I must check the others to make sure the wasps are not settling in.
    Northampton to Oxford translation. Out building. Like a stable but with coal instead of horses.
    I found a huge bee on the driveway on Tuesday. Looked knackered so I put down some sugarwater for it
    If my post doesnt have a typo, then I have probably been hacked!

Comment

• Noggin the Nog
      Hail the Children of LLyr
      • Jan 2013

Don't be too hard on the wasps. They need to live too. Amazing how many bees there are starting to look for suitable sites. Brightens any day.
      "...are we human, or are we diver?"

Comment

• smileydiver
        Not short, just concentrated awesome ;)
        • Dec 2012

Originally posted by steelemonkey
        I look forward to your contributions on "Recipe of the day."
        I plan to do a cook up tomorrow but for tonight I enjoyed an avocado and am having a jacket potato with cheese and marmite. Nom nom. Strange what you start missing when it suddenly vanishes from the shelves.

Thank you Turkish supermarket. I can now eat fresh veg and favourite things again
        The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever - Jacques Cousteau

Comment

• steelemonkey
          Established TDF Member
          • Dec 2012

Originally posted by smileydiver
          I plan to do a cook up tomorrow but for tonight I enjoyed an avocado and am having a jacket potato with cheese and marmite. Nom nom. Strange what you start missing when it suddenly vanishes from the shelves.

Thank you Turkish supermarket. I can now eat fresh veg and favourite things again
          I love cooking. I love recipes from all over the world. Luckily I work in Northampton where there is a great diversity of people from all cultures. I really enjoy a visit to one of the shops/supermarkets that are owned by people with a different cultural background to mine. I come away with different ingredients every time, along with recipes and ideas. I even eat Marmite! I admit, only drizzled on roast potatoes.
          Paul.
          If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
          Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Comment

• GaleForceEight
            TDF Member
            • Jan 2017

Originally posted by smileydiver

I started a low carb ‘diet’ about a week ago. Really missing bread, potatos, and pasta. BUT... strangely I don't miss the beer (didn’t normally drink much of it before but a pint or two every other day was nice while in company)

I am liking more broccoli and veggies. I dont have any scales at home but my trousers started to slip a bit and I had to take the belt in a notch, so I guess something is happening - and yet I don't feel hungry; Im not deliberately eating less so much as changed what I eat a bit.

All the panic buying has made life more awkward when you have made a concious decision to cut out some things you need to have others for it to work.

Comment

• Doomanic
              Established TDF Member
              • Dec 2012

Some veg is quite high in carbs, so watch out for that.
              Originally posted by Chrisch
              Seriously, forget about sidemount - it's bollocks.

Comment

• Noggin the Nog
                • Jan 2013

Only a few days into the lockdown and people are breaking in to Nature Reserves that were shut to comply with the restrictions. Vandalism, gates damaged, graffiti, groups playing football and fishing on lakes where no fishing is allowed at any time. "Love Wildlife". People? Meh!

Comment

• nigel hewitt
                  Established TDF Member
                  • Sep 2013

Some people go to so much trouble to make their product suck it is unbelievable.

50cms of cable to a moulded plug and the other end is 'protected' by triangular security screws at the bottom of deep holes.

And it's a curtain servo motor so it's bound to be close to a power point up there by the ceiling.
                  Helium, because I'm worth it.
                  Waterboarding at Guantanamo Bay sounded like a radical holiday opportunity until I looked it up.

Comment

• Nickpicks
                    Established TDF Member
                    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by nigel hewitt
                    Some people go to so much trouble to make their product suck it is unbelievable.

50cms of cable to a moulded plug and the other end is 'protected' by triangular security screws at the bottom of deep holes.

And it's a curtain servo motor so it's bound to be close to a power point up there by the ceiling.
                    Is there a power socket in the room above? just knock a hole through the ceiling and floorboard - sorted!
                    Proud to be a boring health and softy crap following sissie!

Comment

• Noggin the Nog
                      • Jan 2013

What is it with this elecktrickery stuff.

All this extra time so I thought I'd catch.up on some repairs. However the lawnmower engine still refuses to spark and the front solar security light still refuses to come on when it should.

Me? For the past few days I've been delivering getting static shocks off everything, including a pan of soup!

Comment

• Nickpicks
                        Established TDF Member
                        • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Noggin the Nog
                        What is it with this elecktrickery stuff.

All this extra time so I thought I'd catch.up on some repairs. However the lawnmower engine still refuses to spark and the front solar security light still refuses to come on when it should.

Me? For the past few days I've been delivering getting static shocks off everything, including a pan of soup!
                        It's the 5G mobile phone system.
                        That and the lack of chemtrails in the sky.
                        Proud to be a boring health and softy crap following sissie!

Comment

• Jay_Benson
                          Confused? You will be.
                          • Dec 2012

Now it gets scary. Raaaab is in charge whilst Bozo self isolates.
                          Public transport planning info at www.traveline.info

Comment

• jamesp
                            Established TDF Member
                            • Dec 2012

Customer RFQ (request for quote), 900 parts.

My quote, 900 parts.

Customer then pro-rata the price for 200parts.

I`ve sent the order back asking to re-quote for the diminished quantity, or amend the order to the requested amount: either way they can stick this one (didn't actually say that, thought it).

F***ing buyers, lying bug*** the lot of them.

Comment

• John63
                              Established TDF Member
                              • Dec 2012

Originally posted by jamesp
                              Customer RFQ (request for quote), 900 parts.

My quote, 900 parts.

Customer then pro-rata the price for 200parts.

I`ve sent the order back asking to re-quote for the diminished quantity, or amend the order to the requested amount: either way they can stick this one (didn't actually say that, thought it).

F***ing buyers, lying bug*** the lot of them.

I get that a lot

I also get the flip side, but not on price basis, more on availability.

Customer - what is availability of 1 full truck load (80 parts)

Me (after checking stcok and production schedule) - 1 week, delivered your site.

Customer - Po for 6 trucks (480 part), need in 1 week

Me - sigh. Again.

Comment

• jamesp
                                Established TDF Member
                                • Dec 2012

Originally posted by John63
                                I get that a lot

I also get the flip side, but not on price basis, more on availability.

Customer - what is availability of 1 full truck load (80 parts)

Me (after checking stcok and production schedule) - 1 week, delivered your site.

Customer - Po for 6 trucks (480 part), need in 1 week

Me - sigh. Again.
                                Automotive?

Comment

Working...