Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1435 of 1446 FirstFirst ... 435935133513851425143314341435143614371445 ... LastLast
Results 14,341 to 14,350 of 14455
    Established TDF Member Nickpicks's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by steelemonkey View Post
    Brilliant! I'd forotten just how good some of the earlier Red Dwarf scenes were.

Reminds me of the Sirius Cybernetics Nutrimatic Drinks Dispenser, which always produces a liquid which is almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea.
    The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Fecking students who do not understand the meaning of the word 'volunteer' and somehow imagine that filling in a 10 minute form after a dive they were doing anyway entitles them to free food, accommodation and expenses and might even involve helping them relocate.
    She said you know honey it's such a shame You'll never be any good at this game You bruise too easily

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The great unwashed who have successfully cleared the shelves of most mainstream goods.

Went to the local supermarket (happens to be my most local shop of any type) and found absolutely zero loo roll, pasta, tinned tomatoes, passata, flour etc. This for the umpteenth day running. Even a sly trip at 12.30 AM on the way back from t'pub was met with empty shelves.

Can't even order them for delivery (when they come in to stock) as the next deliver or "click and collect" slot is 10 days away!

What makes this even worse is that the store in question is the nearest to the central distribution hub for Scotland!!!

Need an undercover network of spies to let me know when a delivery comes in.

I used to be Cheeky UnCheeky Monkey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neilwood View Post
    The great unwashed who have successfully cleared the shelves of most mainstream goods.

Went to the local supermarket (happens to be my most local shop of any type) and found absolutely zero loo roll, pasta, tinned tomatoes, passata, flour etc. This for the umpteenth day running. Even a sly trip at 12.30 AM on the way back from t'pub was met with empty shelves.

Can't even order them for delivery (when they come in to stock) as the next deliver or "click and collect" slot is 10 days away!

What makes this even worse is that the store in question is the nearest to the central distribution hub for Scotland!!!

There must come a point where the panic buyers lose the energy for it ..... surely......

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by UnCheeky Monkey View Post
    There must come a point where the panic buyers lose the energy for it ..... surely......
    Not so far...

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by UnCheeky Monkey View Post
    The Brexiteers are still using up supplies bought in December, so they will take over the stockpiling rota at the end of the week.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Neilwood View Post

Try the smaller shops, like corner shops etc. They are less impactes by hysteria
    Remember anything you read on the internet was probably written by some guy sitting at home in his underpants! Including this !!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    In an attempt to revisit the joy of the plague years, half of London has just turned up to make use of their 2nd homes and spread their passengers around. That's Waitrose off limits for the duration.
    She said you know honey it's such a shame You'll never be any good at this game You bruise too easily

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Divemouse View Post
    ....somehow imagine that filling in a 10 minute form after a dive they were doing anyway entitles them to free food, accommodation and expenses and might even involve helping them relocate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Divemouse View Post
    In an attempt to revisit the joy of the plague years, half of London has just turned up to make use of their 2nd homes and spread their passengers around. That's Waitrose off limits for the duration.
    Yaaaah. Any chance you could pick up some Andrex for us? Jocasta has a cough don't you know.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    My personal space is already larger than necessary, but I'm thinking of employing a broom handle with something spiky tied to the end, it's the only language they understand.