Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1610 of 1614 FirstFirst ... 610111015101560160016081609161016111612 ... LastLast
Results 16,091 to 16,100 of 16131
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Divemouse View Post
    I went to dig up my Oca crop after last night's frost, only to discover that bastard mice had eaten all of the tubers overnight, leaving the top growth effectively balanced on the surface - it hadn't even had time to wilt. This was due to be a record year due to the long temperate season we've had, I've still got more tubers than the whole garden produced last year, just from the odds and sods I pressed into pots and dark corners when the main bed was full.
    Guy in work has been having issues with squirrels, they have cleared 50 of bulbs from one of his beds in the last month, destroyed his entire gooseberry and apple harvest.
    Apparently they also like crackers and peanut butter; which has led to 39 of them receiving swimming lessons in the last three months!

Established TDF Member steelemonkey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by steelemonkey View Post
    Pulling down lathe and plaster ceilings! Dirty, dusty job. And there are hundreds of nails to get rid of.
    Worse than that, replacing the bl@@dy stuff with plasterboard. My neck aches.
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Established TDF Member steelemonkey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I went to dig up my Oca crop after last night's frost, only to discover that bastard mice had eaten all of the tubers overnight, leaving the top growth effectively balanced on the surface - it hadn't even had time to wilt. This was due to be a record year due to the long temperate season we've had, I've still got more tubers than the whole garden produced last year, just from the odds and sods I pressed into pots and dark corners when the main bed was full.
    Never heard of Oca. Looks tasty though. Is it a bit like a jerusalem artichoke?
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesp View Post
    Guy in work has been having issues with squirrels, they have cleared 50 of bulbs from one of his beds in the last month, destroyed his entire gooseberry and apple harvest.
    Apparently they also like crackers and peanut butter; which has led to 39 of them receiving swimming lessons in the last three months!
    The so and so's have stripped all the fruit off our Kiwi Fruit vine. It was laden but not yet ripe - they don't normally ripen until around the end of next month but there's none left now!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Is it a bit like a jerusalem artichoke?
    More like lemon flavoured new potatoes - can be eaten raw or cooked. The lemon goes off on exposure to light. They do contain a tiny bit of oxalic acid. The leaves have a lot more, but are edible for most people in a salad.
    Definitely don't doubt Dawn - not if you value your life

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The squirrels had all the hazel nuts before they were ripe.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I had to go and pick up a prescription today and decided to make taking the car seem more reasonable by adding in shopping, banking and post office visits. Got home to realise I'd missed the Dr entirely.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickpicks View Post
    USB plugs exist in a separate dimension. This means you can try it one way, which doesn't fit. You then turn it over and try, and it doesn't fit. You then turn it back to what you think was the original way, and it fits. It cannot be the original way, as otherwise it would have fitted first time, so there must be another dimension that enables a 3 sided item to resemble a 2 sided item.

I once got one in the right way around first time.

No-one believes me. Perhaps it was a dream?
    Last edited by JimmE; 25-11-2021 at 10:17 PM.

Established WTF Member Spirit of Guernsey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesp View Post
    https://www.greatbritishchefs.com/re...quirrel-recipe
    There are four varieties in society: the lovers, the ambitious, observers and fools. The fools are the happiest.
    Hippolyte Taine French critic and historian (1828-93)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The squirrels had all the hazel nuts before they were ripe.
    I have the same issue. You look at your nuts and think "soon" and then bang - they're gone.
    We give 350m a week to the EU. Let's give it to Dido Harding instead.