Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1677 of 1695 FirstFirst ... 6771177157716271667167516761677167816791687 ... LastLast
Results 16,761 to 16,770 of 16945
    Established TDF Member steelemonkey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisch View Post
    So after many years of voting for the party of law and order we are all agreed that the UK is now the wild west and no one follows the rules or gives a shit.

[smug]Looks like I have been right all along.. [/smug]
    Perhaps the new prime minister will make it all better.
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by steelemonkey View Post
    Perhaps the new prime minister will make it all better.
    LOL. There's a thought.
    We give £350m a week to the EU. Let's give it to Dido Harding instead.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The cattery has just been emptied by Covid for the next week or so - if the customers don't have it, their relatives they were about to visit do! Quite glad of the rest, but it does suggest another big wave.
    Definitely don't doubt Dawn - not if you value your life

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Divemouse View Post
    The cattery has just been emptied by Covid for the next week or so - if the customers don't have it, their relatives they were about to visit do! Quite glad of the rest, but it does suggest another big wave.
    Borris needs a distraction; surprised he hasn`t popped up in Kyiv this morning.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    There goes my first (business) trip for three years outside the UK then... Hope the office pay for the tickets I've bought.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesp View Post
    Borris needs a distraction; surprised he hasn`t popped up in Kyiv this morning.
    He is gone mate. Just hanging around like a fart as we wait to see which psycho they have in next. My money is on Ian Huntley.
    We give £350m a week to the EU. Let's give it to Dido Harding instead.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Grrr

Businesses who donít bother to return calls.

I try whenever possible to support local businesses especially the smaller ones but am becoming more frustrated every day. They have voicemail / email contacts but so many donít bother to get back.

Over the past few days Iíve left voicemail messages / emails with several companies and so far none have got back to me.

A large proportion of my career has been in oilfield customer service and if we didnít answer within hours ( sometimes minutes) weíd lose business.

Possibly because of that I have high expectations but I donít think that expecting a reply within 24-48hris too much. Either you are in business or youíre not; donít pi$$ about and then winge about lack of business or opportunity.

And breathe

Rant over.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by John63 View Post
    Grrr

Businesses who don’t bother to return calls.

I try whenever possible to support local businesses especially the smaller ones but am becoming more frustrated every day. They have voicemail / email contacts but so many don’t bother to get back.

Over the past few days I’ve left voicemail messages / emails with several companies and so far none have got back to me.

A large proportion of my career has been in oilfield customer service and if we didn’t answer within hours ( sometimes minutes) we’d lose business.

Possibly because of that I have high expectations but I don’t think that expecting a reply within 24-48hris too much. Either you are in business or you’re not; don’t pi$$ about and then winge about lack of business or opportunity.

And breathe

Rant over.
    At the moment, I find there is a hell of a lot of "If I wanted it yesterday, I would order it tomorrow going on"; while I get quoted a week plus for delivery on anything.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Been to a shop (Aldi's) this afternoon; 'cause MarInLaw is 96, especially as she is just out of hospital, I wore a face mask - I was told quite forcibly by a young mother that I didn't need to be so 'stupid'! And stop scaring her brood and she didn't see any need to wear 'protection' as CV19 was over...

Oh well. I took no notice and even the checkout chappie ignored her chuntering about me - told me he was quite happy that I was one of the few wearing masks nowadays.

Established TDF Member steelemonkey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by John63 View Post
    Grrr

Businesses who don’t bother to return calls.

I try whenever possible to support local businesses especially the smaller ones but am becoming more frustrated every day. They have voicemail / email contacts but so many don’t bother to get back.

Over the past few days I’ve left voicemail messages / emails with several companies and so far none have got back to me.

A large proportion of my career has been in oilfield customer service and if we didn’t answer within hours ( sometimes minutes) we’d lose business.

Possibly because of that I have high expectations but I don’t think that expecting a reply within 24-48hris too much. Either you are in business or you’re not; don’t pi$$ about and then winge about lack of business or opportunity.

And breathe

Rant over.
    I recently e-mailed a caravan site wanting to book a space for september. They replied 13 days later. Needless to say I had already booked elsewhere.
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.