Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1671 of 1695 FirstFirst ... 6711171157116211661166916701671167216731681 ... LastLast
Results 16,701 to 16,710 of 16942
    Established TDF Member steelemonkey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by taz View Post
    I'm glad you didn't say and buy a 1000cc motorbike and wrap it around a tree.

taz

I was talking to someone yesterday whose family bought a Harley for one of their members because he was diagnosed with leukaemia and might not have long to live.
    The leukaemia is now under control, he has outlived the doctors predictions, now has two Harleys and is 76 years old.
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by notdeadyet View Post
    I saw someone flogging an Inspo for 500 the other day. If I was starting that would be my choice.
    Exactly what I did - 500 on fleabay & sent for upgrade. I like the fact that at 1st glance it looks like a lightly battered classic

Nicotine, valium, vicodin... notdeadyet's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilPage View Post
    Exactly what I did - 500 on fleabay & sent for upgrade. I like the fact that at 1st glance it looks like a lightly battered classic
    I've got a Hammerhead Inspo head sitting on the shelf that wouldn't need much to get it up and running. I was tempted by the 500 Inspo, dump all the AP electronics and stick the HH on it.
    Caliph Hamish Aw-Michty Ay-Ya-Bastard, Spiritual leader of Scottish State in England

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by notdeadyet View Post
    I've got a Hammerhead Inspo head sitting on the shelf that wouldn't need much to get it up and running. I was tempted by the 500 Inspo, dump all the AP electronics and stick the HH on it.
    I have a classic sitting doing F all.

Make me an offer

Nicotine, valium, vicodin... notdeadyet's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesp View Post
    I have a classic sitting doing F all.

Make me an offer
    Ta but I'd already decided the money would be better spent on new cells for my RB rather than buying another one that needed another set.
    Caliph Hamish Aw-Michty Ay-Ya-Bastard, Spiritual leader of Scottish State in England

Confused? You will be. Jay_Benson's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by steelemonkey View Post
    I was talking to someone yesterday whose family bought a Harley for one of their members because he was diagnosed with leukaemia and might not have long to live.
    The leukaemia is now under control, he has outlived the doctors predictions, now has two Harleys and is 76 years old.
    Glad he got through it but I am not convinced that I would be overly impressed at being given a Harley (unless I was a farmer).
    Public transport planning info at www.traveline.info

Established TDF Member steelemonkey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay_Benson View Post
    Glad he got through it but I am not convinced that I would be overly impressed at being given a Harley (unless I was a farmer).
    Me neither but apparently it was something he always wanted. Takes all sorts, I suppose.
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Collar bones. Specifically my left collar bone as it appears to have either fractured or dislocated at the sternum end. I have my money on dislocation as the is right at the very end rather than on the wiggly part. The treatment is either an operation or manipulation as far as I can gather and recovery time is around 6 weeks of being in a sling. Similar timings for broken collar bones. Which is a bummer as I normally have to drive for 1.5 hours each way to work each day. The end result may see me back on the train for a few days each week and working from home the others - which will not go down well at work. Still the other staff can bitch and moan to management as much as they want, I will take no notice.

On top of that I have had to admit to SWMBO that it was my own fault, I was being a dick trying to lift and move something whilst balancing on something. Apparently I have to be more sensible as I am getting old. Bugger, bugger, bugger.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay_Benson View Post
    Apparently I have to be more sensible as I am getting old. Bugger, bugger, bugger.
    As Chris' other half I would question the sensible as you are getting older - in my experience they never were sensible!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    It is a broken collar bone, not dislocated. The same treatment apparently. I have been told that I can’t drive for six weeks.

As they didn't mention motorbikes I think it is fair to assume that they are allowed. There you go - being more sensible and following medical advice at the first opportunity.