Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1662 of 1695 FirstFirst ... 6621162156216121652166016611662166316641672 ... LastLast
Results 16,611 to 16,620 of 16943
    Established TDF Member steelemonkey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by divemouse View Post
    what about your precious hairstyle?
    ftfy
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I do not think even my bestest friend ever would consider my hair has "style". As to the bits that stick out the drysuit its just the price to pay for exploring the underwater environment.

Swimming in a big blue pond of chlorinated dilute piss and skin and deodorant and hair gel and menstral blood is not my idea of fun to be very fair.
    We give 350m a week to the EU. Let's give it to Dido Harding instead.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Divemouse View Post
    Went for a swim at our local pool yesterday, the first time we've been since it was taken over by some 'leisure centre' chain (I thought it was about 5 years since we'd been, but Rob pointed out that I swam with my sister before she had children, one of which just passed her driving test). Anyway, the child on the desk was too busy examining her nails to take our money, but shouting 'Oi!' in her face eventually got her attention. 'Hello, we have booked for lane swimming'. Lane swimming? Yes. Today? Yes. What time did you want? (there was a choice of 12-1 and 1-2 and it was 10 to 12 at this point). 12-1, it's on the booking. Yes, but you might have got it wrong. I begin to grind my teeth.
    Have you been here before? No, never. (Rob helpfully starts to explain that we have and I kick him) Never? Well, here's what I can do; just go through those doors over there, get changed and go in the pool.
    That's literally what she said before returning to her nails. No mention at all of how the lockers worked, that it was unisex changing, that you can't take a towel in as there are automatic showers in the last corridor, that the lanes are unlabelled, but slow to fast right to left, that the clock is slow and other children will shout at you if you don't know that and overstay by one minute.
    I was already going to kill her, but when we came out Rob tried to ask about the local person discount card. She looked at him seriously for a bit, typed on her keyboard for 5 minutes while asking him which centres he wanted it for, whether it would include gym classes, how long he wanted it to last etc before saying she had no idea what it was. The pool was fine, but I don't think I can stand going back.
    I used to regularly use our local pool - early morning before work (avoiding schoolkids and all other walks of life who were likely to ruin my day). Then they started to offer FREE swimming for OAPs!!! I was paying full whack. The pricing wasn't the issue but even when I'd complained 3 times about the old foggies not showering their bouffant hairdoos with 60 litres of hairspray before entering the pool and causing an oil slick I was ignored. Pools loss as my hard earned pennies are still in my mits!

Nicotine, valium, vicodin... notdeadyet's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by divechick View Post
    I used to regularly use our local pool - early morning before work (avoiding schoolkids and all other walks of life who were likely to ruin my day). Then they started to offer FREE swimming for OAPs!!! I was paying full whack. The pricing wasn't the issue but even when I'd complained 3 times about the old foggies not showering their bouffant hairdoos with 60 litres of hairspray before entering the pool and causing an oil slick I was ignored. Pools loss as my hard earned pennies are still in my mits!
    Used to wind me up the old biddies doing breaststroke across the pool at a drowning snail's pace while everyone else is trying to swim length-ways dodging them.
    Caliph Hamish Aw-Michty Ay-Ya-Bastard, Spiritual leader of Scottish State in England

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by notdeadyet View Post
    Used to wind me up the old biddies doing breaststroke across the pool at a drowning snail's pace while everyone else is trying to swim length-ways dodging them.
    In our local pool these people really improved my breath hold diving - It got to the stage where I could do 40 lengths only ever breathing at the ends and completing each length hugging the bottom.

This was really handy when I was barred from diving for three years whilst my PFO was closed... Breath hold to set up a Dive Leader exercise at 15m, no problem!

I still don't have a member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel hewitt View Post
    Dammnit why do I always have to overdo things?

The Prostate is about 30gms, say 20cc or less when it's on code. About the size of a walnut.
    Enlarged it is 30 to 50 and squeezes the urethea (the bladder outlet pipe).
    Mine just got done yesterday (in hospital posting this)
    Spoke to the Surgeon this morning and he says he took 300cc out.

Still, on the bright size. That's going to be about a pound of free weigh loss without having to diet for it.
    Seems wrong to like your post so get well soon. Who is looking after Sally while you are away??
    A fully paid up member of the CRAFT Club

I failed to dive in Antartica
    I used to have a handle on life but it broke

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisch View Post
    Due to the war (so I am told) there is no chlorine so soon there will be no pools.
    My Mum's local pool was emptied and repurposed as a temporary holding place for dead bodies during the WWII (after a bombing raid, I believe). She never used the pool again when it was restored to its primary function.
    Last edited by Finless; 17-05-2022 at 03:48 PM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    This is the joy of lane swimming
    Definitely don't doubt Dawn - not if you value your life

Hail the Children of LLyr
    As far from the sea as we could be, except when we can actually get in it.
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The Prostate is about 30gms, say 20cc or less when it's on code. About the size of a walnut.

Still, on the bright size. That's going to be about a pound of free weigh loss without having to diet for it.
    At least it's out now, hopefully before any cancer cells moved out. Had mine done in 2013, they said the cells were close to the surface. Now you get to do pelvic floor exercises. It could be worse. Get well soon.
    "...are we human, or are we diver?"

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Isn't this like emptying a male dog's gland? Our vet used to do it as part of the dog's annual (anal) service. I don't know what all the fuss is about. (But 300cc )