Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1611 of 1629 FirstFirst ... 6111111151115611601160916101611161216131621 ... LastLast
Results 16,101 to 16,110 of 16287
    Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisch View Post
    I have the same issue. You look at your nuts and think "soon" and then bang - they're gone.
    Exactly what happened to our Kiwi Fruit - the squirrels don't mind them hard.

Established TDF Member steelemonkey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Divemouse View Post
    I had to go and pick up a prescription today and decided to make taking the car seem more reasonable by adding in shopping, banking and post office visits. Got home to realise I'd missed the Dr entirely.
    That's just an age thing.
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisch View Post
    I have the same issue. You look at your nuts and think "soon" and then bang - they're gone.
    That's just another age thing.
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by steelemonkey View Post
    Worse than that, replacing the bl@@dy stuff with plasterboard. My neck aches.
    Been there, done that. Bloody sore job.

I still don't have a member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Helping OH load a secondhand quad bike onto a pallet in -2C temperatures this AM. The thing was faulty ie does not start when it arrived so was rejected vendor asked to arrange collection. Vendor dropped off face of earth for a while but we know where he lives. OH has arranged for courier to collect and deliver back. Invoice for additional costs has been sent to vendor. Legal action pending if he does not refund promptly!!

ETA The couriers sent a lorry too large to fit down our drive despite an explicit explanation about the access. They are sending a smaller lorry tomorrow........

Last edited by cazyoung; 29-11-2021 at 01:30 PM.
    A fully paid up member of the CRAFT Club

I failed to dive in Antartica
    I used to have a handle on life but it broke

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by cazyoung View Post
    Helping OH load a secondhand quad bike onto a pallet in -2C temperatures this AM. The thing was faulty ie does not start when it arrived so was rejected vendor asked to arrange collection. Vendor dropped off face of earth for a while but we know where he lives. OH has arranged for courier to collect and deliver back. Invoice for additional costs has been sent to vendor. Legal action pending if he does not refund promptly!!

ETA The couriers sent a lorry too large to fit down our drive despite an explicit explanation about the access. They are sending a smaller lorry tomorrow........

I was having a machine moved from Cambridge area a few years ago, haulier sent the wrong size wagon, sent a bigger wagon the following day; and dropped the machine whilst loading it.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    On-line recipes that think a video is needed.
    If I need to be shown how to put flour into a bowl, I am not suited to be let into a kitchen with sharp objects and hot things!
    Paul.

Established TDF Member Nickpicks's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by steelemonkey View Post
    On-line recipes that think a video is needed.
    If I need to be shown how to put flour into a bowl, I am not suited to be let into a kitchen with sharp objects and hot things!
    Also: Online recipes that need a couple of pages of "how I found this recipe and what a wonderful holiday we had hiking in the mountains before coming back to the chalet for a lovely bowl of..." before actually telling you the ingredients and method.
    Proud to be a boring health and softy crap following sissie!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Those Guardian 'waste not' recipes that include things like leftover artichoke hearts and the skins from roast guinea fowl
    Definitely don't doubt Dawn - not if you value your life

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Divemouse View Post
    Those Guardian 'waste not' recipes that include things like leftover artichoke hearts and the skins from roast guinea fowl
    Mmm.. yum yum.. Faraona ai carciofi
    We give 350m a week to the EU. Let's give it to Dido Harding instead.