Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1398 of 1401 FirstFirst ... 39889812981348138813961397139813991400 ... LastLast
Results 13,971 to 13,980 of 14005
    Established WTF Member Spirit of Guernsey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by John63 View Post
    Trojan is a brand of condoms in USA

A colloquial term for condoms in USA is rubbers

Make sense now ?
    Also a brand in the UK
    There are four varieties in society: the lovers, the ambitious, observers and fools. The fools are the happiest.
    Hippolyte Taine French critic and historian (1828-93)

Established TDF Member nigel hewitt's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Well there was a wasted couple of hours.

I wanted to knock out a quick installer package to help install a piece of code.
    Of course you wouldn't even need it if Microsoft could achieve backwards compatibility on their libraries like they say we should do but...
    I haven't used this toy before, just its predecessor's predecessor
    There are some values you need to set.
    Documentation? Naah. This is Microsoft so you get web pages of 'help and examples' that gloss over this vital detail

Finally I discover the magic F4 key.
    This brings up an alternative properties page to the one on the right button.
    Even knowing the answer I still cannot find the instruction that says press F4.

Who do I need to kill?
    Helium, because I'm worth it.
    Waterboarding at Guantanamo Bay sounded like a radical holiday opportunity until I looked it up.

Hail the Children of LLyr
    As far from the sea as we could be, except when we can actually get in it.
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by John63 View Post
    Trojan is a brand of condoms in USA

A colloquial term for condoms in USA is rubbers

Make sense now ?
    Very popular with Spartans too.
    "...are we human, or are we diver?"

Established TDF Member Energy58's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Someone has it in for me!

I am returning to blighty at least for a bit so we are in the middle of selling everything.

Sold the car - happy day! Purchaser is off on hols so doesn't actually want it until we leave - happy day+ Not so happy day I had to tax and insure the car in the meantime (here the car is insured not the driver) - okay fair enough I am saving on car hire. Then my wife is driving car at golf club - click. Dead battery - 70 please. Then "the AC seems to be struggling" - into AC shop: fan motor shot = 120 please.

And today my dive computer battery crapped out...

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    We currently have a very sick cat in the cattery - he was vomiting and acting like someone with a hangover yesterday morning, had perked up in the evening and was worse again today, so off to the vet. Vet gave him a thorough prod and decided it was a 'stomach upset' which turns out to be code for NFI. She wanted to put him into their 'hospital' for the day (no local vet holds pets overnight except the emergency night vet who charge 150 to walk through the door) at a cost of 490. The only extra thing this involved that I couldn't do was a saline drip, so I got her to do a subcutaneous injection instead (which I can do, but it makes me faint, so I don't). He has no temperature and no mystery masses and she declared he was too young to have kidney or liver issues - turned out she thought he was 6, I'd put him nearer 20 just from looking at him, he's an ex feral. So now we wait, I'm going with tumour or organ failure. But bloody hell, $20 difference just to have him in a metal cage in a room full of mixed pets with an occasional visit from a vet nurse, then turfed out at 6pm!
    hormone addled, protective, psychotic, hate filled killer

Established TDF Member steelemonkey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Divemouse View Post
    We currently have a very sick cat in the cattery - he was vomiting and acting like someone with a hangover yesterday morning, had perked up in the evening and was worse again today, so off to the vet. Vet gave him a thorough prod and decided it was a 'stomach upset' which turns out to be code for NFI. She wanted to put him into their 'hospital' for the day (no local vet holds pets overnight except the emergency night vet who charge 150 to walk through the door) at a cost of 490. The only extra thing this involved that I couldn't do was a saline drip, so I got her to do a subcutaneous injection instead (which I can do, but it makes me faint, so I don't). He has no temperature and no mystery masses and she declared he was too young to have kidney or liver issues - turned out she thought he was 6, I'd put him nearer 20 just from looking at him, he's an ex feral. So now we wait, I'm going with tumour or organ failure. But bloody hell, $20 difference just to have him in a metal cage in a room full of mixed pets with an occasional visit from a vet nurse, then turfed out at 6pm!
    When I see what vets charge, I am glad for our NHS.
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by steelemonkey View Post
    When I see what vets charge, I am glad for our NHS.
    Insurance. As soon as pet insurance became commonplace vets' bills skyrocketed. Same will happen to the NHS after B word.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisch View Post
    Insurance. As soon as pet insurance became commonplace vets' bills skyrocketed. Same will happen to the NHS after B word.
    Just look at the American model they want to encourage...

I still don't have a member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neilwood View Post
    Just look at the American model they want to encourage...
    Been there and worked in that system it is worse than horrible.
    A fully paid up member of the CRAFT Club

I failed to dive in Antartica
    I used to have a handle on life but it broke

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    This is true - I used to work in the labs all the pet bloods and samples go to. Any that had insurace were sent in for every tenuously related test the vet could think of. They used to put a 500% mark up on our prices too.
    hormone addled, protective, psychotic, hate filled killer