Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1124 of 1124 FirstFirst ... 124624102410741114112211231124
Results 11,231 to 11,238 of 11238
    Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by cazyoung View Post
    Hope it all goes well today.
    Not sure what to make of this morning, apart from being f*****g annoyed!

The site manager either didn't recognise me, or chose not to, but one of the piling boys did, as he asked me if my leg was ok. Lo and behold, we needed an induction, which we didn't on Tuesday... Not a problem for me, quite the opposite. I'd rather know what's what, and be told about the specifics of the site. What galls me is that the twat of a site manager insisted that we were solely responsible for our own health and safety, he wasn't. Realy????

And to compound my annoyance, he then told us that piles had been dug earlier in the week, and they were marked with a piece of rebar with a green mushroom cap on it. Guess what? Yep, not a mushroom cap in sight, and the same road pin in "my" hole, now bent over where some halfwit has run over it!!

Apart from the fact that the testing company have said they won't be going back there, purely on the strength of this performance, I honestly don't know what to do next.

Established TDF Member turnerjd's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange One. View Post
    Apart from the fact that the testing company have said they won't be going back there, purely on the strength of this performance, I honestly don't know what to do next.
    1. Drive away.

2. Park the truck up somewhere safe.

3. Cook one of your specials.

4. Open a nice bottle of wine.

......... and think "screw them".

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Repeat the exercise this time with your phone recording the conversation with site staff.

Established TDF Member steelemonkey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The site manager either didn't recognise me, or chose not to, but one of the piling boys did, as he asked me if my leg was ok. Lo and behold, we needed an induction, which we didn't on Tuesday... Not a problem for me, quite the opposite. I'd rather know what's what, and be told about the specifics of the site. What galls me is that the twat of a site manager insisted that we were solely responsible for our own health and safety, he wasn't. Realy????

And to compound my annoyance, he then told us that piles had been dug earlier in the week, and they were marked with a piece of rebar with a green mushroom cap on it. Guess what? Yep, not a mushroom cap in sight, and the same road pin in "my" hole, now bent over where some halfwit has run over it!!

Keep pimping the truck.
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Established TDF Member drysuitdiver's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    A short initial conversation with the HSE. Fee for intervention helps in getting them to site now. Especially when it's a genuine concern .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Those who think they got away with things had better watch their backs.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Make sure you keep good notes - will come in handy when your report goes to the HSE!

Did you take photos of the lack of mushroom caps etc?

Established TDF Member cotochris's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    More like pimping the truck to be like this:

2014 dives: 13
    2015 dives:11 (24 is my target for the year )

Blog: http://cotochris.squarespace.com

Hail the Children of LLyr
    As far from the sea as we could be, except when we can actually get in it.
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Flying. (Hanging about at Bham now) :-(
    "...are we human, or are we diver?"