Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1407 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 407907130713571397140514061407140814091417 ... LastLast
Results 14,061 to 14,070 of 14214
    Established TDF Member steelemonkey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit of Guernsey View Post
    Hope they do that to me when the time comes.
    Cue Mrs SOG reading the small print on the life insurance policy.
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Divemouse View Post
    I do have a free week in December?
    I'm fairly sure a week would be seen as prolonging the pleasure a bit too long.

I still don't have a member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    We had to PTS our 14 year old dog at very short notice when he lost hind leg mobility over 2-3 hours. I hope and pray that assisted suicide in UK gets sorted ASAP as I have seen too many prolonged and painful "palliative deaths". That is all.
    A fully paid up member of the CRAFT Club

I failed to dive in Antartica
    I used to have a handle on life but it broke

Established WTF Member Spirit of Guernsey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Divemouse View Post
    I do have a free week in December?
    Nothing sooner?
    There are four varieties in society: the lovers, the ambitious, observers and fools. The fools are the happiest.
    Hippolyte Taine French critic and historian (1828-93)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Nothing sooner?
    Be patient; there is a queue.

Established TDF Member Doomanic's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Do "they" know they're in a queue?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisch View Post
    Seriously, forget about sidemount - it's bollocks.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Media whores who try to make a profit from info given to them freely
    Remember anything you read on the internet was probably written by some guy sitting at home in his underpants! Including this !!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Established WTF Member Spirit of Guernsey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Boat fiddlers again.

Was on a club RIB dive today, standard routine, half in half out.

I dived in the first wave then took the helm, following the divers on their drift. I noticed that the boat wasn't handling as expected, one of the others on board decided to put the engine into neutral, 10 minutes later and I caught one of the others grabbing hold of the gear lever, so I stood up and walked away from the helm, he immediately apologised.

Another 10 minutes and I saw the first guy grabbing the control out of the corner of my eye and managed to twat him on the knuckles.

Back in the harbour and I pulled up alongside the slipway to unload, engine in neutral as the wind was blowing us onto the side of the slip and someone was tying off the stern. A hand reached over and put the engine into gear, nearly garrotting the bloke tying off.

This is not unusual with the club members, have even had them messing around with my boat, moving fenders, changing plotter settings etc. Will have to have words with the training/boat officer.
    There are four varieties in society: the lovers, the ambitious, observers and fools. The fools are the happiest.
    Hippolyte Taine French critic and historian (1828-93)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Boat fiddlers again.

I dived in the first wave then took the helm, following the divers on their drift. I noticed that the boat wasn't handling as expected, one of the others on board decided to put the engine into neutral, 10 minutes later and I caught one of the others grabbing hold of the gear lever, so I stood up and walked away from the helm, he immediately apologised.

Another 10 minutes and I saw the first guy grabbing the control out of the corner of my eye and managed to twat him on the knuckles.

Back in the harbour and I pulled up alongside the slipway to unload, engine in neutral as the wind was blowing us onto the side of the slip and someone was tying off the stern. A hand reached over and put the engine into gear, nearly garrotting the bloke tying off.

This is not unusual with the club members, have even had them messing around with my boat, moving fenders, changing plotter settings etc. Will have to have words with the training/boat officer.
    You are more patient and polite than me. Children need discipline and naughty words and threats of a smack would have been order of the day.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Boat fiddlers again.

Really quite worrying.

Only people who are properly trained (or under training) should be allowed to handle the boat especially with divers in the water. I bet most of the meddlers have no idea about the potential consequences of their actions. If it were my boat, I might be inclined to prevent people who have a history of meddling from using it - they will learn quickly or get no dives.