Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1479 of 1495 FirstFirst ... 479979137914291469147714781479148014811489 ... LastLast
Results 14,781 to 14,790 of 14946
    Established TDF Member Doomanic's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    He had an inoperable brain tumour which he received radiotherapy for. 6 weeks later he’d shown no improvement in symptoms. He went from moments of lucidity to unresponsive and incoherent in less than 24 hours and died 24 hours later. It’s not how I’d want to go, but he apparently wasn’t in any pain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisch View Post
    Seriously, forget about sidemount - it's bollocks.

Established TDF Member Nickpicks's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Sorry to hear that Dom.
    I know from experience that it doesn't help much, but at least he wasn't in pain.
    The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Sorry to hear that - nothing can make it better but you have my condolences.

About all we can hope for when we go is that we are pain free and it sounds like that was the case

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Sorry to hear that. Even when you know it is coming it is shock. Hope the next few weeks are not too difficult for you.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomanic View Post
    He had an inoperable brain tumour which he received radiotherapy for. 6 weeks later he’d shown no improvement in symptoms. He went from moments of lucidity to unresponsive and incoherent in less than 24 hours and died 24 hours later. It’s not how I’d want to go, but he apparently wasn’t in any pain.
    Back in March we knew that my Mother In Law (MIL) was unwell. One night she was blue lighted to the nearest hospital, the goodish news was that she could recover from the multiple strokes, the bad news was that she also had terminal cervical cancer...three months. The prognosis was very accurate and very distressing. We assisted my Father In Law by taking him to the nursing home each week, we even made it to the last day, so to speak. The staff in the nursing homes do a tremendous job. My MIL spent a month basically starving herself to death as she just wanted to die. The end was peaceful, thanks to morphine.
    Quite frankly 2020 can go and f*ck itself.

Established TDF Member Doomanic's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Sorry to hear that Ian.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisch View Post
    Seriously, forget about sidemount - it's bollocks.

Confused? You will be. Jay_Benson's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I lost both my parents over 20 years ago. There are still many times I still want to talk with them - the thing is I know what they would say when I do “talk” with them but it isn’t always what I want to hear.

Time does heals the wounds, the trick is to make sure that it doesn’t scar you. My brothers and I made the conscious decision to keep talking about them, to tell the children (and grandchildren) about them but the best thing we did was to remember them in their prime and that way they never really leave you - of course it makes going to the loo etc a bit embarrassing, but they never leave you.

Nowadays I smile and laugh more when I think about them than I used to but I still fill up and choke.
    For information to help you plan your dive trip in the UK and Eire try www.planyourdivetrip.co.uk

Public transport planning info at www.traveline.info

Confused? You will be. Jay_Benson's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay_Benson View Post
    Customers that won't pay their bills because they made a mistake on the specification they gave me. We have now got the solicitors involved and they are still bleating and refusing to pay. Well court action starts tomorrow which will add to their costs. Their stupidity beggars belief.
    They paid up this morning so it won’t be going to court. I suspect that I may have lost their custom though, not sure, but possibly.
    For information to help you plan your dive trip in the UK and Eire try www.planyourdivetrip.co.uk

Public transport planning info at www.traveline.info

Established TDF Member Nickpicks's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Nowadays I smile and laugh more when I think about them than I used to but I still fill up and choke.
    I saw a really useful (for me) analogy of grief about a year ago, not long after my mum died.
    https://psychcentral.com/blog/coping...-ball-the-box/
    The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    They paid up this morning so it won’t be going to court. I suspect that I may have lost their custom though, not sure, but possibly.
    Yeah, I tend to find that: Customer stuffs up, I end up losing.

Really kills empathy.