Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1424 of 1439 FirstFirst ... 424924132413741414142214231424142514261434 ... LastLast
Results 14,231 to 14,240 of 14382
    I used to be Cheeky UnCheeky Monkey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by GaleForceEight View Post
    Greta Thurberg has done the same thing as Corbyn did with his lies about his 'ram packed' train journey.
    She took a photo for publicity before going back to her seat in first class...

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-...first-21106593

I used a report from a lefty paper so I am not accused of being a Nazi again.
    You really are a piece of work aren't you

Established TDF Member nigel hewitt's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Fixed my shower valves by bolting in a new mixer valve.
    All furred up inside again I expect like its predecessor.
    Why the new one was about 3mm wider between the inlets than the old one escapes me.
    Helium, because I'm worth it.
    Waterboarding at Guantanamo Bay sounded like a radical holiday opportunity until I looked it up.

Established TDF Member steelemonkey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Bloomin Virgin e-mail. It won't accept my password and when I try to change it the little box goes from "password too short" straight to "invalid password"
    I have been using this account less and less lately, I think it is about to be kicked into touch.
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I am going away Christmas morning to Hertfordshire to see my children and back the 27th December in the afternoon
    Would you be able to have my cat Cleo for these dates please

Yep, that's totally going to happen. I'll wear her on my head for 2 days.
    hormone addled, protective, psychotic, hate filled killer

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel hewitt View Post
    Fixed my shower valves by bolting in a new mixer valve.
    All furred up inside again I expect like its predecessor.
    Why the new one was about 3mm wider between the inlets than the old one escapes me.
    You are a hard water area like us. Did you ever contemplate some sort of on line water softener. I have thought about it over the years but never bothered. It is now a question of who lives longer the shower mixer or me!
    Evolution is great at solving problems. It's the methods that concern me.
    Tim Digger

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I spent half an hour crying this morning after seeing a 30 second montage of the memories of Mr Poopy Butthead (a character from Rick and Morty) in which his cat gets sick and dies. I think the flu is winning.
    hormone addled, protective, psychotic, hate filled killer

Confused? You will be. Jay_Benson's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I have been diagnosed with cellulitis - a skin infection - and am now on antibiotics. My face has swollen on one side and my skin is overly sensitive under my hair / beard to the point of being painful. All joined by a lovely fever and feeling like death warmed up. The only saving grace is that I have been told to keep myself hydrated which I have taken to mean drink plenty of tea - before anybody says that tea is a diuretic if that was such a serious matter I would have been a dried up husk many years ago.

Anyway I am off to bed now as I need to wake up in the middle of the night with the shakes again. I can cope with feeling rubbish and lethargic, I just hate the teeth chattering cold followed by profuse sweating.
    For information to help you plan your dive trip in the UK and Eire try www.planyourdivetrip.co.uk

Public transport planning info at www.traveline.info

Hail the Children of LLyr
    As far from the sea as we could be, except when we can actually get in it.
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay_Benson View Post
    I have been diagnosed with cellulitis - a skin infection - and am now on antibiotics. My face has swollen on one side and my skin is overly sensitive under my hair / beard to the point of being painful. All joined by a lovely fever and feeling like death warmed up. The only saving grace is that I have been told to keep myself hydrated which I have taken to mean drink plenty of tea - before anybody says that tea is a diuretic if that was such a serious matter I would have been a dried up husk many years ago.

Anyway I am off to bed now as I need to wake up in the middle of the night with the shakes again. I can cope with feeling rubbish and lethargic, I just hate the teeth chattering cold followed by profuse sweating.
    Sorry to read that and hope you're better soon.
    (Probably three quarters of TDF have now googled Cellulite AND Cellulitis, just to be sure)
    "...are we human, or are we diver?"

I still don't have a member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay_Benson View Post

You have my sympathies cellulitis is not nice at all. I fully understand the shivering followed by the sweating!! I have bronchitis and have not slept properly for10 nights due to the constant coughing of green smelly yuck........
    A fully paid up member of the CRAFT Club

I failed to dive in Antartica
    I used to have a handle on life but it broke

Established TDF Member nigel hewitt's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dirt cheap tools
    Hate 'em.

It was a present. A couple of years ago admittedly.
    "Nigel mended things for us so we'll buy him a Christmas present"
    A little socket set of low mm sizes with 1/4" handles.
    Probably from the DIY isle at the supermarket.
    Made of Chinese clagite and about the strength of balsa wood.
    However I got used to reaching for it for small fittings.
    Then the 10mm socket opened up like a tulip on the screwdriver style handle, not even a lever.
    Now I have a very pretty set of tools with one annoying hole in the row.
    I can buy a new set (in balsa wood) cheaper than a single replacement socket (in steel).
    But I wouldn't buy one like that.
    Am I going to spend real money to replace something I didn't want just because I've got used to it?
    Helium, because I'm worth it.
    Waterboarding at Guantanamo Bay sounded like a radical holiday opportunity until I looked it up.