Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1694 of 1713 FirstFirst ... 6941194159416441684169216931694169516961704 ... LastLast
Results 16,931 to 16,940 of 17130
    TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay_Benson View Post
    The operator has had the ability to look at my export generation without any hassle since the panels were installed - but they didn't tell me, they just took the power.
    You have the opposite experience to our local church - they have been trying to make sense of the meter readings since they started to refurbish the (listed) church hall next door. Eventually they sent the readings and, more significantly, the meter serial number to the electric co who responded "that meter is in a church hall in High Wycombe" (we're in Milton Keynes)! - much digging (both literally and metaphorically) showed the Church Commissionaire in 1904 knew the hall was closing in High Wycombe, that there was no electric in the Milton Keynes property and "did what had to be done". Those with administrative power are on the case but it looks like over 100 years billed to the right customer, in the wrong parish!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I was cleaning cats out this morning when Rob came running up to say a customer would be bringing Joy-joy the cat in before 5pm. I'd never heard of her or her cat and spent 10 mins looking for any phone bookings I might have forgotten before remembering that it's Sunday today and we're shut. Made Rob call her back and it eventually transpired that she thought she was calling her local cattery in Kent - she just put 'cattery' into Google and phoned the first number she saw! Nice to know we're high up in the listings I guess.
    Definitely don't doubt Dawn - not if you value your life

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    A recent post reminded me of Gear Gulpers on Boats! Why does anyone think it acceptable to transport these objects onto boats?

I've seen their owners arrive with bare cylinder(s), undersuit, and drysuit, and the monstrous green box. The green box contains everything that can be used to decorate the cylinders (much of which could have been attached to them before they arrived on the boat) and will include kit that never needed to come on the boat, but which lives in the green box home. Once partially unloaded the useless green box sits on the boat consuming 80 litres of space, either under the bench, or restricting boat access.

Whilst I appreciate the benefits of using them to transport equipment in vehicles they have no place on dive boats! I have amused myself by visualising 12 of these people arriving on the same boat and trying to go diving

Nicotine, valium, vicodin... notdeadyet's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitlow View Post
    Whilst I appreciate the benefits of using them to transport equipment in vehicles they have no place on dive boats! I have amused myself by visualising 12 of these people arriving on the same boat and trying to go diving
    Always entertaining the minute there's any height difference between the quayside and the deck. When I see someone with a gear gulper in that situation I make myself absent. More than once I've seen someone thinking they are being nice and helpful to be rewarded with an avalanche of shit pouring out the box on top of them when the owner tries to hand it down from above. Loading other people's gear is not my problem when they can't take basic common sense steps. Usually the same people that leave it rattling round the deck the minute there is one degree of roll. I particularly enjoyed the twat that once had a go at me for not closing the flaps on his gear gulper that had been sliding round the deck for the last two hours when it got a bit rainy and spray-y and it ended up with six inches of water in it.
    Last edited by notdeadyet; 12-09-2022 at 09:14 AM.
    Caliph Hamish Aw-Michty Ay-Ya-Bastard, Spiritual leader of Scottish State in England

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    One of a pair of cats MAY have eaten about a foot of string. They're both as happy as Larry and I have to spend all day watching them until it turns up.

Hail the Children of LLyr
    As far from the sea as we could be, except when we can actually get in it.
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Divemouse View Post
    One of a pair of cats MAY have eaten about a foot of string. They're both as happy as Larry and I have to spend all day watching them until it turns up.
    One of 'em will be like a cat with two tails
    "...are we human, or are we diver?"

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Eventually. Just given them both liquid paraffin, so there's that to look forward to.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    If just a bit of the string pokes out its arse can you light it like a wick and make a candle?
    We give 350m a week to the EU. Let's give it to Dido Harding instead.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Apparently if you pull it, their gut concertinas up and then gets cut through, so I'll have to keep cutting it off with scissors to avoid them 'helping' each other

Established TDF Member Energy58's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Divemouse View Post
    Apparently if you pull it, their gut concertinas up and then gets cut through, so I'll have to keep cutting it off with scissors to avoid them 'helping' each other
    Really? I had a dog once that managed to eat its collar (it wasn't wearing it at the time) - it appeared again a few days later but needed "encouragement" as the end with the buckle and medal wouldn't progress! I guess string would be a lot longer relatively though.

Same dog also ate a huge eraser which also caused a bit of drama as it emerged but it survived a further 10 years to die from something entirely unrelated and natural.