Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 1906johns View Post
    Hi everybody
    I am currently advanved ow + deep and i'm planning to move to tec diving, with that in mind i am looking at buying a wing. I have been told to go for a doughnut shaped wing over a horseshoe. So far i'm stuck between a frog mignight, xdeep zeos 38 and am xdeep ghost wing, can anybody recommend any of these ?

I have dived with a custom divers TDB on twin 15s twice before but have no experience with other types/shapes of wing bladder. I am planning on diving twin 12's and eventually deco/stage cylinders.

the other question i've got is on the regs - I am very tempted to buy posiedon cyklones, mainly due to the fact the side exhaust means they can be used the wrong way up, again can anyone offer any experiences/opinions on cyklones ?

thanks
    alex
    Hi Alex,

The xDeep Zeos 38 is pretty much spot on. Good value, well constructed and will do pretty much what you want to do now. The donut wings give you well distributed lift on a twin set.
    The danger of going for much more than 40lbs with 12's is that the wing cab start to wrap around the tank making gas a little more difficult to dump from the rear OPV.

There are number of interelated issues when selecting a wing and harness some of which are important right from the start (lift) and some that are important later (double bladders, bungies) and some that you might not have considered (number of D rings you need) You are best speaking to the instructor you are considering training with or looking at different agency configuration guilines (they do differ)

I am based in Leicester ATM so more than happy to hook up to run over some of these considerations and drink tea or dive ;0)
    GUE Instructor

Purine hurts my feet Major Clanger's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie H View Post

Don't you guys have any friends to help you carry stuff, friendly skippers who will lend a hand?
    Ask Elvis what can happen when you do it that way...
    GaryL

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Hi Alex,

The xDeep Zeos 38 is pretty much spot on. Good value, well constructed and will do pretty much what you want to do now. The donut wings give you well distributed lift on a twin set.
    The danger of going for much more than 40lbs with 12's is that the wing cab start to wrap around the tank making gas a little more difficult to dump from the rear OPV.

There are number of interelated issues when selecting a wing and harness some of which are important right from the start (lift) and some that are important later (double bladders, bungies) and some that you might not have considered (number of D rings you need) You are best speaking to the instructor you are considering training with or looking at different agency configuration guilines (they do differ)

I am based in Leicester ATM so more than happy to hook up to run over some of these considerations and drink tea or dive ;0)
    The zeos 38 is designed for diving large single tanks isn't it? I've got a hydros 40 and would say that fits twin 12s perfectly, the zeos 38 for twin 12s seems like an odd choice to me out of the xDeep range.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    lol never mind, just seen how old the thread is!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910