Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    TDF Member Davedagc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Canary Islands
    Posts
    93
    Likes (Given)
    9
    Likes (Received)
    16

    Ap rebreather course in Septmeber.

    If you are looking to by a New AP inspiration, Evolution or Evolution+, then why not come to sunny Gran Canaria, buy your unit and complete your course. The water is nice and warm for the course, so lots of in water time to perfect your skills, ready for when you go home with your unit.

    Next scheduled course is the first week in September, but other dates can be arranged at your convenience.

    Pm me for more information.

    I look forward to hearing from you soon...

    Dave


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Last edited by Davedagc; 22-07-2013 at 05:06 PM.

  2. #2
    Established TDF Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,354
    Likes (Given)
    129
    Likes (Received)
    527
    Probably because you'd be breaking the law bringing it back into the UK and not declaring it ...

  3. #3
    TDF Member Davedagc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Canary Islands
    Posts
    93
    Likes (Given)
    9
    Likes (Received)
    16

    New AP units and pay only 7% VAT

    Quote Originally Posted by graham_hk View Post
    Probably because you'd be breaking the law bringing it back into the UK and not declaring it ...
    All necessary information will be given to clients when they request further information :-)

    Regards
    Dave




    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Last edited by Davedagc; 22-07-2013 at 12:45 PM.

  4. #4
    Established TDF Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,354
    Likes (Given)
    129
    Likes (Received)
    527
    Here you go: HM Revenue & Customs: Customs Duty, Excise Duty and Import VAT: introduction

    Quote:

    For goods brought in or sent to the UK from the EU there's no extra VAT to pay unless you're ordering or sending purchased goods from one of the EU Special Territories, such as Jersey or Guernsey, in which case you'll have to pay import VAT.
    The EU 'Special Territories' are The Aland Islands (Finland), The Canary Islands (Spain), The Channel Islands (UK), The French Overseas Departments of Guadeloupe, French Guiana, Martinique and Reunion and Mount Athos also known as Agion Poros (Greece).
    Goods imported to the UK from outside the EU are subject to import VAT, unless they are brought in as part of your duty free allowances.

  5. #5
    Closed Account: User Requested nickb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Cardiff, UK
    Posts
    2,804
    Likes (Given)
    1046
    Likes (Received)
    1742
    So, buy in the Canaries and spend an EXTRA 7% - not such a great deal that!

  6. #6
    TDF Member Davedagc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Canary Islands
    Posts
    93
    Likes (Given)
    9
    Likes (Received)
    16

    New AP units and pay only 7% VAT

    Quote Originally Posted by graham_hk View Post
    Here you go: HM Revenue & Customs: Customs Duty, Excise Duty and Import VAT: introduction

    Quote:

    For goods brought in or sent to the UK from the EU there's no extra VAT to pay unless you're ordering or sending purchased goods from one of the EU Special Territories, such as Jersey or Guernsey, in which case you'll have to pay import VAT.
    The EU 'Special Territories' are The Aland Islands (Finland), The Canary Islands (Spain), The Channel Islands (UK), The French Overseas Departments of Guadeloupe, French Guiana, Martinique and Reunion and Mount Athos also known as Agion Poros (Greece).
    Goods imported to the UK from outside the EU are subject to import VAT, unless they are brought in as part of your duty free allowances.
    Thanks for the link Graham, as per my previous post, I will give full details on request of further information.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

  7. #7
    TDF Member Davedagc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Canary Islands
    Posts
    93
    Likes (Given)
    9
    Likes (Received)
    16

    New AP units and pay only 7% VAT

    Quote Originally Posted by nickb View Post
    So, buy in the Canaries and spend an EXTRA 7% - not such a great deal that!
    No Nick, you will not be paying an extra 7%.

    Regards
    Dave


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

  8. #8
    Established TDF Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,293
    Likes (Given)
    50
    Likes (Received)
    773
    Quote Originally Posted by Davedagc View Post
    No Nick, you will not be paying an extra 7%.

    Regards
    Dave
    Can you explain it here then? What you are suggesting must be legal, and must be ethical, after all to market your business so openly on any other basis would be a fairly bad idea. It can't be an industry secret, after all you are offering quite freely to share with anyone that cares to ask for further information.

    I am asking for further information. Please can you provide it.

    Digs.

  9. #9
    Red Hot Totty ;) Hot Totty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portland ;)
    Posts
    3,911
    Likes (Given)
    1681
    Likes (Received)
    1645
    Quote Originally Posted by Digger View Post
    Can you explain it here then? What you are suggesting must be legal, and must be ethical, after all to market your business so openly on any other basis would be a fairly bad idea. It can't be an industry secret, after all you are offering quite freely to share with anyone that cares to ask for further information.

    I am asking for further information. Please can you provide it.

    Digs.
    Only if you buy a unit
    www.wapsac.co.uk
    Apparently becoming a grandad

  10. #10
    Established TDF Member cotochris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    V.N. Cerveira, Portugal
    Posts
    2,098
    Likes (Given)
    2385
    Likes (Received)
    1610
    Quote Originally Posted by Digger View Post
    Can you explain it here then? What you are suggesting must be legal, and must be ethical, after all to market your business so openly on any other basis would be a fairly bad idea. It can't be an industry secret, after all you are offering quite freely to share with anyone that cares to ask for further information.

    I am asking for further information. Please can you provide it.

    Digs.
    As a businessman this is not complicated:


    • Dave (his business) buys equipment from UK. It is exempt from VAT as it is export.
    • In the Canaries (I presume) VAT rate is 7%. Dave adds the 7% VAT to the customer, whilst in the UK it is 21% (I think). Therefore customer gains 14% ( That is if same exVAT price is applied)
    • Client takes unit back to UK. In theory he should declare the transaction and pay the difference to Customs + charges. In practice he may not be stopped as client can say he brought it from the UK (however the customs would ask for proof - so it's not fail safe). He could also have shipped and run the same risk.


    Nothing illegal there. Now other questions arise such as guarantees, if Dave is an official dealer etch.

    Out of curiosity I see in the list above that Gibraltar or Andorra is not included.
    2014 dives: 13
    2015 dives:11 (24 is my target for the year )

    Blog: http://cotochris.squarespace.com


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •