Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    New TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Tasik Ria - Manado

A few years ago (2009 I think) I arranged a group trip to Manado. One of our divers was in a wheelchair, following an accident and no longer has use of his legs. The guy was already an experienced diver did a disabled diving course as part of his rehab, and some of the group also did a disabled diving course before we went. Obviously I'd talked to them quite a lot before we went to see if it was feesible for him to go - not really expecting that it would be when I first made the enquiry. They were brilliant. They trained their own staff in how to deal with the diver, to get him in and out of the water, and assigned a permanent buddy to him who took amazing care of him. They also installed ramps everywhere around the resort, re-fitted one of the hotel rooms so that it was wheelchair friendly and generally went above and beyond to ensure he had a great holiday. Not only that - the service was great for the rest of us too, and the diving was awesome. So - if you're looking for a dive trip and have a disabled diver as part of your group - I fully recommend Tasik Ria.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Agreed, Dan and Monica go out of their way to make sure everything goes well at the resort and diving. We were very well looked after there in March.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Great to hear and the diving at Bunaken is hard to beat, hoping to go back again next year.