X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mal
    A Moderate
    • Dec 2012

Skippers' Forum

This forum has been created so that skippers who want to promote spare places on trips or have trips planned for the future can inform the TDF community. Similarly those members looking for places will, as the forum develops, be able to come here to find detail of spare places.

The "rules" for this forum are that Authorised Skippers can post details of their trips then on a roughly monthly heart beat, update that with a fresh thread. Members can engage in discussion with the Skippers but please be sensitive to obscuring the information ... and by the same token, the skippers will refrain from too much bumping.

If you are a skipper and interested in posting in this forum, then please send an email to [email protected]
    and I will inform you of the process.

Posts which do not clearly fall within the purpose of the forum will be moved or deleted.

If you have any further questions, please either PM me or email the above address.

Regards
    Mal
    Click here to find out how to help with the ongoing running costs of The Dive Forum

The Dive Forum
    BDSG RNLI Sharktrust
  • GLOC
    • Dec 2012

All,

We have been asked a few times recently about this. I thought it had been done in the past but couldn't find it, so I had to ask Wilbo and he found it straight away!!

As Mal says, if Skippers want to post here, contact us Mike Cunningham or myself and we will sort something out (a small fee and your group status will change so you can post here).

Skippers can start threads, Users can reply. Users can't start threads.

Regards
    Gareth

www.imagesoflife.co.uk - Underwater Print Sales, Teaching and Stock Library
    www.cognitas.org.uk - Improving Safety by Challenging Current Practices
    www.divingincidents.org - Diving Incident and Safety Management System (DISMS)
    - 2014 Report here

“Set your expectations high; find men and women whose integrity and values you respect; get their agreement on a course of action; and give them your ultimate trust.”

“It is far better to be trusted and respected than it is to be liked.”

Comment

• Ruffy
      Stating facts ; )
      • Dec 2012

Skippers are having a hard time, any help to fill spaces will be well received I am sure!
      Following on from a recent thread by BTS I would welcome a diving conditions section too! The main/ most used sites/areas could be updated in real time by the divers....all of this in one place would be great in planning dives
      Bacon is good for you!.....................................

Comment

• BTS
        feckface von clownstick
        • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Ruffy
        Skippers are having a hard time, any help to fill spaces will be well received I am sure!
        Following on from a recent thread by BTS I would welcome a diving conditions section too! The main/ most used sites/areas could be updated in real time by the divers....all of this in one place would be great in planning dives
        Indeed but both spare spaces and viz reports already have major, well established fb groups....

I am not sure of the viability of charging skippers when competing with an established, free information outlet but that is Mikes call...IIANM
        What to do? I only have three bullets and there are four of motley crew...

Comment

• GLOC
          • Dec 2012

Paul,

A valid comment, but given that there are skippers on here who pay for advertising, it is not fair that other skippers would get to advertise for free.

Regards
          Gareth

www.imagesoflife.co.uk - Underwater Print Sales, Teaching and Stock Library
          www.cognitas.org.uk - Improving Safety by Challenging Current Practices
          www.divingincidents.org - Diving Incident and Safety Management System (DISMS)
          - 2014 Report here

“Set your expectations high; find men and women whose integrity and values you respect; get their agreement on a course of action; and give them your ultimate trust.”

“It is far better to be trusted and respected than it is to be liked.”

Comment

• Paul r s
            Established TDF Member
            • Dec 2012

Would a "weekly" viz report work ?
            Where the weeks before is detected or archived to prevent it going off topic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            www.phs-es.com

Comment

• Ruffy
              Stating facts ; )
              • Dec 2012

For sure!
              I don't do facebook....
              As far as charging for skipper adds I can't comment ..small charge/bums on benches..they would have to do the numbers.

Comment

• Ruffy
                Stating facts ; )
                • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Paul r s
                Would a "weekly" viz report work ?
                Where the weeks before is detected or archived to prevent it going off topic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                I think that day by day viz reports all in one section would be of advantage to most..it would give some indication of forecast that I don't have now..
                I have to book in advance for sea dives but some indication as the time approaches would be of benefit !
                As for planning for a day dash the day before...invaluable

Comment

Working...