Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    New TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Lost smb on Kyarra, Swanage

My smb got caught around the shot line on the Kyarra on Sunday 28th. The tide was running so hard I had to cut the line. If anyone has found it, it's a red smb with 20m of line attached.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Barnett View Post
    My smb got caught around the shot line on the Kyarra on Sunday 28th. The tide was running so hard I had to cut the line. If anyone has found it, it's a red smb with 20m of line attached.
    Funnily enough, I had exactly the same thing happen to me about 10 years ago on that same wreck. Luckily it popped up eventually and was picked up by another dive boat - did you have any markings on it? What make/model of SMB was it?
    Follow my work on Facebook... www.bardocreative.co.uk
    View my online photo library... www.bardophotographic.com
    "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free" - JW Goethe

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Barnett View Post
    Please contact Portland Coastguard (01305 760439) and tell them. We have been launched to such a sighting before on the basis it may be attached to a lost diver. Is is marked in any way?

This reminds me of thread on another place where we politely requested that everyone mark SMBs and lifting bags with a mobile number or suchlike so we can get in touch when one is sighted.

Steve
    Last edited by Steve C; 01-05-2013 at 04:35 PM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve C View Post
    Please contact Portland Coastguard (01305 760439) and tell them. We have been launched to such a sighting before on the basis it may be attached to a lost diver. Is is marked in any way?

This reminds me of thread on another place where we politely requested that everyone mark SMBs and lifting bags with a mobile number or suchlike so we can get in touch when one is sighted.

Steve
    When we came back into Lyme Regis a couple of years back, the Harbour Master asked if we had lost an SMB as a yacht had picked one up. I asked if there was a name on it. He got back on the radio and asked.

'Yes' came the answer.

'Buddy'

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Erm, due to dive kyarra this weekend , doubt its there but I'll keep me eyes open. What's the viz like ??