Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3626 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 2626312635263576361636243625362636273628 ... LastLast
Results 36,251 to 36,260 of 36357
    Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Digger View Post
    Round the world then?
    Or rather along the top then fall off the edge..

Me and another two of our lot delivered some gear into Seimens in Hull today and I managed to convince the young lad on the forklift that I was a bone fido member of the Flat Earth Society His face was a picture when I told him that the earth can't be round because if it was all the water at the top would run round to the bottom. And before he could reply I told him that this invisible substance called "Gra-vi-ty" is simply a con job by the Chinese and the truth is that at birth we all have magnets implanted in our feet that make us stick to a large piece of steel plate that's underneath the world

How I keep a straight face through all this is a mystery to me, but it brightens up the dullest of days

Established TDF Member steelemonkey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange One. View Post
    Or rather along the top then fall off the edge..

Me and another two of our lot delivered some gear into Seimens in Hull today and I managed to convince the young lad on the forklift that I was a bone fido member of the Flat Earth Society His face was a picture when I told him that the earth can't be round because if it was all the water at the top would run round to the bottom. And before he could reply I told him that this invisible substance called "Gra-vi-ty" is simply a con job by the Chinese and the truth is that at birth we all have magnets implanted in our feet that make us stick to a large piece of steel plate that's underneath the world

How I keep a straight face through all this is a mystery to me, but it brightens up the dullest of days
    Next time, don't forget to tell him about the turtle and elephants.
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Confused? You will be. Jay_Benson's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I have been to the Fairport Convention festival at Cropredy for the last 3 days. The weather was rather warm and the crowd were possibly the most relaxed group of 20,000 that I have ever seen. All ages, enjoying an eclectic range of bands from electric folk to reggae to prog to acoustic folk via rock, Indy, musical comedians. No drunkenness though plenty of people drunk, very friendly and lots of laughter. I even saw my first pagan wedding. All good fun and I shall be returning next year.
    Public transport planning info at www.traveline.info

Established TDF Member
    a city about as far form the sea as you can get in the UK
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I ended up seeing a pagan wedding at Avebury a fair few years ago, it is the gathering on the right hand side of the photo

Avebury Panorama
    by Barnaby_S, on Flickr

Hail the Children of LLyr
    As far from the sea as we could be, except when we can actually get in it.
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    A new bakery has opened up recently in Lichfield, and I read online that they're something of an institution in the E Mids.
    We paid them a visit today and bought a pork pie, an egg custard, and a caramel donut.
    Our 'go to' for pork pies is the Walter Smith butchers shop, about 4 doors down, and sets the bar really high, so perhaps it wasn't a surprise that the Birds pie fell short.
    The egg custard wasn't a patch on the ones we bought in a family bakery in Conwy a couple of weeks ago, and the donut was just about on a par with Greggs.
    East Midlanders must be easily pleased.
    "...are we human, or are we diver?"

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Noggin the Nog View Post
    A new bakery has opened up recently in Lichfield, and I read online that they're something of an institution in the E Mids.
    We paid them a visit today and bought a pork pie, an egg custard, and a caramel donut.
    Our 'go to' for pork pies is the Walter Smith butchers shop, about 4 doors down, and sets the bar really high, so perhaps it wasn't a surprise that the Birds pie fell short.
    The egg custard wasn't a patch on the ones we bought in a family bakery in Conwy a couple of weeks ago, and the donut was just about on a par with Greggs.
    East Midlanders must be easily pleased.
    To be fair an egg custard in Conwy is a long pop down to the shops. I would suggest that you try one of their “elephants foot” - think of a large eclair filled with cream with chocolate on top. Apparently all high fibre and low fat. Honest. The vanilla slices are tasty too.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    think of a large eclair filled with cream with chocolate on top
    That is an eclair
    Definitely don't doubt Dawn - not if you value your life

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Divemouse View Post
    That is an eclair
    When I said “think of an eclair” it worked. Good, eh? This eclair is somewhat larger than a standard eclair and is probably very bad for anyone who eats one.

Established TDF Member steelemonkey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Just to add to everyone thoughts about me being weird. I don't eat chocolate.
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Established WTF Member Spirit of Guernsey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm just recovering from norovirus. First symptoms on Friday, full blown cleansing on Saturday and Sunday, managed to eat a little yesterday. On a plus point, my weight is now lower than is has been for several decades.
    There are four varieties in society: the lovers, the ambitious, observers and fools. The fools are the happiest.
    Hippolyte Taine Ė French critic and historian (1828-93)