Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3615 of 3625 FirstFirst ... 2615311535153565360536133614361536163617 ... LastLast
Results 36,141 to 36,150 of 36245
    TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by cazyoung View Post
    I have suspected for a couple of years that we had a breeding pair of Green woodpeckers in the garden. Normally they do not come near the house but there was a pair ant hunting on the lawn closest. Suddenly there was a third, a fledged youngster which was promptly fed by the adults. Amazing sight as they are so shy and easily frightened away.
    They can make you waste hours of your life - they are fascinating to watch - lucky you!!!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Excellent sight we have not had Greens for over 20 years though the GSpotted are common.
    Evolution is great at solving problems. It's the methods that concern me.
    Tim Digger

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I`ve had Greens in our garden at the current gaff (we back onto fields and woodland, with clay and sand soils), had greater spotted at the old place the other side of town.
    I scrounged my dads 400mm mirror lens for a while so I could get better shots of the green, it was less than cooperative however.

Established TDF Member steelemonkey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    There is low cloud over silverstone at the moment, keeping the Red arrows lower than usual. I think I just lost a chimney!
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Established TDF Member Barrygoss's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by steelemonkey View Post
    There is low cloud over silverstone at the moment, keeping the Red arrows lower than usual. I think I just lost a chimney!
    Wondered why I couldn't see them as they were due to pass between my house and towcester at 14.54, must have been below the treeline

B
    Rebreathers are like women; they pretend to love you, whilst taking all your money and trying to kill you.

Established TDF Member Energy58's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesp View Post
    I`ve had Greens in our garden at the current gaff (we back onto fields and woodland, with clay and sand soils), had greater spotted at the old place the other side of town.
    I scrounged my dads 400mm mirror lens for a while so I could get better shots of the green, it was less than cooperative however.
    There are significant numbers of greens in Richmond Park but you really only see them at certain times of the year.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Digger View Post
    Excellent sight we have not had Greens for over 20 years though the GSpotted are common.
    We now have regular visits from three Great Spotted Woodpecker on our feeders, hardly surprising we have no greens as our garden is small and paved we have however had an occasional visit from a pair of Nuthatches which have so far eluded my efforts to get a picture of them.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Ordered some parts and stated in the order notes "Please deliver Thursday 7th or Friday 8th July".

They have just been delivered.

Rgds

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Am feeding some cats in a house for someone who doesn't trust their housemate to do it. Arrived last night to find one had neatly avoided the 4 litter trays in the hall to do little dabs of Anchor squirty cream on the carpet, which the housemate had then walked through. The cat was sitting in the living room shouting because the water left out for it had got too low to reach, the glass was next to the television, which was on. Given that the cycle ride is 8 miles each way twice a day, I think this is going to be a refusal next time.
    Definitely don't doubt Dawn - not if you value your life

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Sounds like the only thing you get out of that is fitness!
    Evolution is great at solving problems. It's the methods that concern me.
    Tim Digger