Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3594 of 3666 FirstFirst ... 259430943494354435843592359335943595359636043644 ... LastLast
Results 35,931 to 35,940 of 36660
    Established TDF Member Barrygoss's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Divemouse View Post
    I've just been offered a job as 'biodiversity lead' on a big project on the strength of being able to name more than 2 sponges on a dive boat last year! Whoooo!
    was one of them Bob?

B
    Rebreathers are like women; they pretend to love you, whilst taking all your money and trying to kill you.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Have finally gotten around to sorting out something that was bugging me for a while. I had an unread email burried somewhere in the backlog that kept showing as an unread message. I finally went looking for it, turns out it was only there since September 2014.
    JJ wanker

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulo View Post
    Have finally gotten around to sorting out something that was bugging me for a while. I had an unread email burried somewhere in the backlog that kept showing as an unread message. I finally went looking for it, turns out it was only there since September 2014.
    Did failing to read it 8years ago affect your life in any way?
    Evolution is great at solving problems. It's the methods that concern me.
    Tim Digger

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Digger View Post
    Did failing to read it 8years ago affect your life in any way?
    No. It was one of the pointless alerts that you get when something ordered online goes through each and every phase of the supply chain but in the interim, I constantly had a 1 unread email prompt on my laptop, phone and tablet.
    JJ wanker

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    No. It was one of the pointless alerts that you get when something ordered online goes through each and every phase of the supply chain but in the interim, I constantly had a 1 unread email prompt on my laptop, phone and tablet.
    Does anyone else have problems with online orders? About 1 in 4 have issues with me.

Before our last holiday. Mrs MarkA took a fancy to my new mask and old snorkel, and my Cressi-sub rondine gamma fins had seen better days. So online ordered new mask, snorkel and fins. After more than 2 weeks with nothing, l called them. Turns out the fins were not in stock, and no other colour available. Instead of letting me know they were just waiting for stock to arrive. Fins were cancelled and mask and snorkel delivered.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    That's very annoying I had a similar when Olympus app for TG4 was updated eventually it disappeared no idea what if anything I did.
    Evolution is great at solving problems. It's the methods that concern me.
    Tim Digger

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    A customer recently approached me with the offer of buying their business.

I have now reviewed their accounts and I am left with an image of roast chicken and cranberries; as in rhymes with cooked and "Zombie".

How do I politely tell them they should be paying me to take it, while moving their payment terms to pro forma?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesp View Post
    How do I politely tell them they should be paying me to take it, while moving their payment terms to pro forma?
    Politeness is over rated.
    We give 350m a week to the EU. Let's give it to Dido Harding instead.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    This morning received a letter from the accountants pushing their tax investigation insurance.

Problem one, it was the accountants we sacked two months ago.

Problem two, it was addressed to my Father, who died last July.

Yet they wonder why we were unhappy with them.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    More in the great chicken saga! Darkwing, the brainless cockerel I had to rescue from his brother earlier in the week, was looking very depressed and not eating much in solitary confinement and wouldn't even attack the mirror I leant against his run. Tiffany, a bottom of the pecking order hen, had gone broody and was trying my patience. I thought I could solve 2 problems in one by putting them together. I dropped Tiff into the coop of Darkwing's run and opened the door. Darkwing rushed in at high speed and I thought he was attacking her! But no, he was doing his usual reaction of 'shag first, check species later. He then kept going for over 5 minutes (average time is generally about 20 seconds), until he fell to one side like an exhausted fat man. Tiff lay on the ground like a very used feather duster for a while and I feared she was broken, but then a look of absolute outrage came into her eye and she rose to her full height with all her feathers erect, ran at him and pecked madly at his toes (he was on a low perch, being smug) until he fell to the ground. He's now afraid of her and very much under the thumb - it's great!
    Definitely don't doubt Dawn - not if you value your life