Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3555 of 3615 FirstFirst ... 255530553455350535453553355435553556355735653605 ... LastLast
Results 35,541 to 35,550 of 36145
    Established TDF Member steelemonkey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I went to Ikea yesterday. I wanted an Bleujoob or Tiitweynk, but could only get a Poupe, a Peese and a Hayndjoob.
    I swear their marketing department just consists of four drunk guys and a bag of scrabble tiles.

Not kidding now but I really did get four Gurlis for 12!
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by steelemonkey View Post
    I went to Ikea yesterday. I wanted an Bleujoob or Tiitweynk, but could only get a Poupe, a Peese and a Hayndjoob.
    I swear their marketing department just consists of four drunk guys and a bag of scrabble tiles.

That's excellent value. Costs a lot more in Puerta Galera these days. :-(

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A bargain almost anywhere!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I have smoothed out my Gurlis and am ready to stuff them.
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Established WTF Member Spirit of Guernsey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Finished my charity challenge yesterday with a flourish. 18 laps, over 30km and 40,000 steps. Legs aren't working too well today.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraisi...rest-challenge
    There are four varieties in society: the lovers, the ambitious, observers and fools. The fools are the happiest.
    Hippolyte Taine French critic and historian (1828-93)

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Had lunch with the other half’s parents. It was a scrawny looking chicken. Tasted good but darker than normal. After lunch went out to feed the dog and spotted the chicken that was limping yesterday was missing. Now I know where lunch came from.

The other chicken that was missing was hiding in the dog house, sat on some eggs. Hopefully there will soon be some replacements. The dog house is the safest place for the chicken as it’s the only place the dog never ever goes.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkA View Post
    Had lunch with the other half’s parents. It was a scrawny looking chicken. Tasted good but darker than normal. After lunch went out to feed the dog and spotted the chicken that was limping yesterday was missing. Now I know where lunch came from.

The other chicken that was missing was hiding in the dog house, sat on some eggs. Hopefully there will soon be some replacements. The dog house is the safest place for the chicken as it’s the only place the dog never ever goes.
    I hope the dog never develops a limp.
    Bought a house in Devon, drank cider from a lemon.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
    I hope the dog never develops a limp.
    MarkA "Hows your granny now?"
    Mrs MarkA "I just spoke to mum on the phone, apparently grans knee is getting worse. By the way, we have been invited over there for sunday lunch."
    Paul.

Established TDF Member Nickpicks's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The MCA have just written to me to confirm registration of the PLB that I registered in May. They did apologise for the delay in sending hard copy.
    Proud to be a boring health and softy crap following sissie!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I just ordered a new MIG. I gave away my welding kit some years ago as it was never getting used. Damn new cars don't rust like they used to. But now I have an older campervan which has some welding advisories last MOT it has given me the excuse to buy a cheapie. There are also a few little projects that I have in mind but they did not really justify the expense, but the cost of professional welding on the vehicle will be more than the cost of the little beastie. Seems like good reasoning? Yes?
    Lobbocks, I just want a new toy.
    Been playing with my shiny kit today. Amazing how it all comes back once you pick up a weld torch again.
    Picking up the wrong end of a hot piece, realising your clothes are on fire etc etc.
    Paul.