Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3548 of 3615 FirstFirst ... 254830483448349835383546354735483549355035583598 ... LastLast
Results 35,471 to 35,480 of 36147
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    I have my CCTV system running off my attic lighting circuit. It was that or find a way to run a socket circuit up to there.

Then again, I did bodge that myself
    JJ wanker

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by notdeadyet View Post
    The first house I did up was a triumph. I put 12V under-cabinet lights in the kitchen but there was nowhere convenient to put the transformer so I chased a hole in the wall (the plaster was about 2 inches thick), put it in that, fired a load of polyfilla in it and then tiled over it. Worked a treat. OK, there was a mysterious mains cable coming out of the wall and plugged into a socket but you can't have everything.

Electricity goes in circles, water and gas in straight lines. What else do you need?
    When the bathroom was replaced in my old place, the new bath was the opposite way around, taps actually closer to the boiler.
    The guy ran pipes the length of the bath from the old take off rather than put a new branch in, added about another 5` of pipe run.
    There was a house near me, that demonstrated that gas is actually spherical.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    A number of cases above where the work was carried out by Messrs Bodgit and Scarper.

Established TDF Member steelemonkey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neilwood View Post
    A number of cases above where the work was carried out by Messrs Bodgit and Scarper.
    Their company has expanded. It is now Bodgit, Fleecum and Scarper.
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulo View Post
    I have my CCTV system running off my attic lighting circuit. It was that or find a way to run a socket circuit up to there.

Then again, I did bodge that myself
    Our industrial estate, the council upgraded the CCTV system, installers drilled through the cladding in one unit, wondered in and asked the boss where they could tap his power from.
    Probably chose the wrong guy to ask, the council had tapped into his water supply for a building job, and ended up flooding his unit.

Established TDF Member steelemonkey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm just watching a sport on the TV where it seems to be acceptable to kick your opponents balls. Who knew one existed.
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    SWMBO had some crafting friends round this afternoon. One of the friends was sewing and has managed to lose a sewing needle. Needle has not been found despite searches using lights, vacuum cleaner and magnet. We think the needle is embedded on said persons clothing.

The friends parting words as she left were........"I hope you don't get a prick up your bottom."

Happy atheist, despite the "evidence"...
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    A couple of years ago I was asked to change a lightbulb.

Surprisingly, I didn't change it and the flat was soon rewired (not by me.)
    Happy to be a woke* feminist SJ(K)W snowflake in a godless universe, no matter what some experts think. And Braun was a twat who's not missed. At all.

* Had to add woke; couldn't resist.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I've just come back from an exciting round of hospital appts in different towns for the same cardiology unit which culminated in the doctor telling me I was the first person ever to ask him for a bubble test for a pfo, so there was no official waiting list - would I be able to wait for a couple of months and then go straight onto the surgery if it was necessary? I think I can live with that.
    Definitely don't doubt Dawn - not if you value your life

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    That's cos it's so flat around your way no one gets bent.................. Usually!
    Evolution is great at solving problems. It's the methods that concern me.
    Tim Digger