Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3536 of 3615 FirstFirst ... 253630363436348635263534353535363537353835463586 ... LastLast
Results 35,351 to 35,360 of 36147
    Confused? You will be. Jay_Benson's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tens View Post
    Mrs T, as she was going out of the door this morning said, "People who've broken their ankle, don't walk around on it for a week." Never the less, off she drove to the hospital and saw the doctor. We have a friend who is a radiologist, a friend who is a radiographer and one who is a clinical nurse. "You should have it x-rayed" they said. A week later, ie this morning, she did. And it's a broken fibula. We had 8 people here for Christmas dinner. Didn't slow her down an awful lot, but that didn't stop her complaining to me of the pain.
    Anyway, we're both looking forward to getting away on our skiing holiday in 8 weeks time. Oh........... Bu88er.
    That is a bugger - don’t forget to send her a card.
    For information to help you plan your dive trip in the UK and Eire try www.planyourdivetrip.co.uk

Public transport planning info at www.traveline.info

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay_Benson View Post
    That is a bugger - don’t forget to send her a card.
    She said she will go anyway. It's been cancelled for the last 2 years - the first time the day before we went. Had the luggage on the floor for a couple of weeks before we realised the pandemic was a tad serious and we really weren't going.

I still don't have a member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tens View Post
    She said she will go anyway. It's been cancelled for the last 2 years - the first time the day before we went. Had the luggage on the floor for a couple of weeks before we realised the pandemic was a tad serious and we really weren't going.
    Where are you going as I thought most of skiing in Europe had been locked down one way or another?
    A fully paid up member of the CRAFT Club

I failed to dive in Antartica
    I used to have a handle on life but it broke

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    My hairband broke, so I put on a novelty one with little furry cat ears on top. The cat saw me silhouetted in a door frame and became paralysed with fear. It took a while to work out what was wrong, but we eventually worked out that it was the ears. He doesn't seem able to learn though - I can put them on in front of him and he instantly almost poos himself in terror until I take them off again and show them to him. Apparently, I am a cucumber.
    Definitely don't doubt Dawn - not if you value your life

Happy atheist, despite the "evidence"...
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Having spent decades swearing at the cheapo tap handles in my garage I ordered a couple of Starrett alternatives, which arrived yesterday.

Ooooooohhhhhhh. Is it wrong to keep fondling them because they're things of such beauty and tactile loveliness?

Also, love the warning label on the box: "This product can expose you to chemicals including lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, and birth defects or other reproductive harm." I wonder if any entity other than the State of California has noticed the potential harmful effects of lead.

Right, me and my tap handles (or wrenches, if you believe the boxes) need a bit of quiet time together.

Edit: one of the "c"s in reprocuctive changed to a "d". /edit
    Last edited by MarkP; 31-12-2021 at 09:05 AM.
    Happy to be a woke* feminist SJ(K)W snowflake in a godless universe, no matter what some experts think. And Braun was a twat who's not missed. At all.

* Had to add woke; couldn't resist.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkP View Post
    Also, love the warning label on the box: "This product can expose you to chemicals including lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, and birth defects or other reproductive harm." I wonder if any entity other than the State of California has noticed the potential harmful effects of lead.
    Proposition 65 warnings. "By law, a warning must be given for listed chemicals unless the exposure is low enough to pose no significant risk of cancer or is significantly below levels observed to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm." So it's easier to put on a warning notice 'just in case' instead of a proper analysis that might be found faulty years down the line when you're in court.
    Bought a house in Devon, drank cider from a lemon.

Happy atheist, despite the "evidence"...
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
    Proposition 65 warnings. "By law, a warning must be given for listed chemicals unless the exposure is low enough to pose no significant risk of cancer or is significantly below levels observed to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm." So it's easier to put on a warning notice 'just in case' instead of a proper analysis that might be found faulty years down the line when you're in court.
    Yeah, I know that. But putting it on a(n almost) chemically inert piece of metal that you just might use to tap into a lump of lead seems a step to far.

Cutting fluids and oils, on the other hand, aren't terribly nice. I was amused that lead was the highlighted hazard.

Rght, I think I'll go and drill some radon infused asbestos, just so I can tap it...
    Happy to be a woke* feminist SJ(K)W snowflake in a godless universe, no matter what some experts think. And Braun was a twat who's not missed. At all.

* Had to add woke; couldn't resist.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
    Used to work for a US company. The amount of warning and safety labels was at the point where you started to ignore them.

Then they started to make machines that used EB ink that needed an electron beam dryer. One of the safety procedures for this dryer was to wander around with a Geiger counter. Where’s the lead lined underwear?

Established TDF Member nigel hewitt's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkP View Post
    Having spent decades swearing at the cheapo tap handles in my garage I ordered a couple of Starrett alternatives, which arrived yesterday.

Ooooooohhhhhhh. Is it wrong to keep fondling them because they're things of such beauty and tactile loveliness?
    But but but...
    I thought tap handles were supposed to be horrible.
    Both the bars and the wrenches are carefully designed not to tighten up...
    ...and certainly never to stay tight.
    I had accepted that as just part of the way things are...

Was I so wrong?
    Helium, because I'm worth it.
    Waterboarding at Guantanamo Bay sounded like a radical holiday opportunity until I looked it up.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel hewitt View Post
    But but but...
    I thought tap handles were supposed to be horrible.
    Both the bars and the wrenches are carefully designed not to tighten up...
    ...and certainly never to stay tight.
    I had accepted that as just part of the way things are...

Was I so wrong?
    That’s why I break taps. Faulty equipment.