Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3495 of 3626 FirstFirst ... 2495299533953445348534933494349534963497350535453595 ... LastLast
Results 34,941 to 34,950 of 36254
    Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tens View Post
    Dog lying on our bed this morning, chewing something. She normally drops it when I say the word "drop." But she didn't. Prized it from her jaws and tried to identify it. A bit woolly; pouch shaped; inch or so across. The big give-away was the orange rubber band at one end. Yes, we have lambs.......
    Lol.

Hail the Children of LLyr
    As far from the sea as we could be, except when we can actually get in it.
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Watching the Olympic closing ceremony now.
    That 'band' isn't exactly Lordi ......
    "...are we human, or are we diver?"

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I have just discovered that one of my customers was so afraid of upsetting me that when his holiday was cancelled, he brought the cats in for a week anyway.
    Definitely don't doubt Dawn - not if you value your life

Hail the Children of LLyr
    As far from the sea as we could be, except when we can actually get in it.
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Divemouse View Post
    I have just discovered that one of my customers was so afraid of upsetting me that when his holiday was cancelled, he brought the cats in for a week anyway.
    The rep's getting around.
    "...are we human, or are we diver?"

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Divemouse View Post
    Reminds me of my grandparents. They wouldnt ring the doctor even after heart attacks and strokes as they "didn't want to worry the doctor"
    JJ wanker

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulo View Post
    Reminds me of my grandparents. They wouldn`t ring the doctor even after heart attacks and strokes as they "didn't want to worry the doctor"
    Around here, you don`t bother the Doctor; because only after a stroke or heart attack, is it likely that you will get a GP appointment.
    If there is a surgery, or a GP.

Ambulances are at another level; My father collapsed at home two weeks ago, my mum could not get him off the floor so called an ambulance, called me at 4am. I got him up, he was hurt.
    I cancelled the ambulance after five hours at my Dads insistence.
    Dad solved the problem the following day by dropping dead; so we had to wait a week and a half for a post mortem, while they checked if one was related to the other.

Polish girl in work thinks the NHS is a con job; in Poland, you get treatment, but are dealt with as shite according to her.
    In the UK, the staff are nice to you, and you don`t get treated.
    Walking around on a broken ankle for six weeks, after being told there was no need for an x-ray, may be colouring her judgement though.

Seeing my mum in CCU after a heart attack, did leave me thinking that if that`s care, I do not want to see could not give a flying.
    The guy who checked out after trying to call a nurse for twenty minutes during the night, while the duty nurse on the monitoring station was having a kip would probably agree.
    Still all the heroic measures after it was too late, look good on the chart.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesp View Post
    Around here, you don`t bother the Doctor; because only after a stroke or heart attack, is it likely that you will get a GP appointment.
    If there is a surgery, or a GP.

Ambulances are at another level; My father collapsed at home two weeks ago, my mum could not get him off the floor so called an ambulance, called me at 4am. I got him up, he was hurt.
    I cancelled the ambulance after five hours at my Dads insistence.
    Dad solved the problem the following day by dropping dead; so we had to wait a week and a half for a post mortem, while they checked if one was related to the other.

Polish girl in work thinks the NHS is a con job; in Poland, you get treatment, but are dealt with as shite according to her.
    In the UK, the staff are nice to you, and you don`t get treated.
    Walking around on a broken ankle for six weeks, after being told there was no need for an x-ray, may be colouring her judgement though.

Seeing my mum in CCU after a heart attack, did leave me thinking that if that`s care, I do not want to see could not give a flying.
    The guy who checked out after trying to call a nurse for twenty minutes during the night, while the duty nurse on the monitoring station was having a kip would probably agree.
    Still all the heroic measures after it was too late, look good on the chart.
    Feels wrong to like it but I understand your sentiment.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your dad in such a shit show from the much heralded NHS
    JJ wanker

Established WTF Member Spirit of Guernsey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Couldn't get to my job today due to roadworks, so spent some of the time doing carpentry to get my dive wagon ready for next month's road trip. Heading off to rescue my Redbare from Covid jail after a two-year sentence.

There are four varieties in society: the lovers, the ambitious, observers and fools. The fools are the happiest.
    Hippolyte Taine French critic and historian (1828-93)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit of Guernsey View Post
    Couldn't get to my job today due to roadworks, so spent some of the time doing carpentry to get my dive wagon ready for next month's road trip. Heading off to rescue my Redbare from Covid jail after a two-year sentence.

Thats a very nice configuration there. I hope you have something to go between the cylinders and door otherwise they are gonna slip out as you accelerate

Best of luck with the Rebare. Hope this time it goes better than previous experiences!
    JJ wanker

Established WTF Member Spirit of Guernsey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulo View Post
    Thats a very nice configuration there. I hope you have something to go between the cylinders and door otherwise they are gonna slip out as you accelerate

Best of luck with the Rebare. Hope this time it goes better than previous experiences!
    By the time I've packed, there won't be room to move in there.

At least things with the Redbare can only go one way.
    There are four varieties in society: the lovers, the ambitious, observers and fools. The fools are the happiest.
    Hippolyte Taine French critic and historian (1828-93)