Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3402 of 3475 FirstFirst ... 240229023302335233923400340134023403340434123452 ... LastLast
Results 34,011 to 34,020 of 34750
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay_Benson View Post
    Sounds like you had a dodgy kebab. If you can’t remember eating a kebab then clearly that was due to the volume of alcohol consumed.
    Bad peanuts
    Remember anything you read on the internet was probably written by some guy sitting at home in his underpants! Including this !!

Illegitimi non carborundum

I still don't have a member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulo View Post
    Drinking 5 pints of IPA, 1/4L of raki, 6 pints and 3 bottles of lager, and 1/2L of grappa leads you to puking on yourself while sitting on the toilet. Who knew!?
    Somewhat surprised after that lot 1) you can remember what you drank 2) you are still alive as that amount of booze is getting towards acute alcohol poisoning.
    How is the hangover????
    A fully paid up member of the CRAFT Club

I failed to dive in Antartica
    I used to have a handle on life but it broke

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Just had a weird chain of events - was looking at a Scottish form where someone had used a common name for a nudibranch that I didn't recognise. Looked it up on Google, saw it was something very common and dull. Was about to move on, when I noticed that at the very bottom of the page was a result that also mentioned the dive site the form was from. Clicked on it and it was a FB photo from the people who had filled the form in. They had mistaken the ID and it was in fact only the second ever record for that particular slug in Scotland, the first being in 1910. If they'd used the correct name or I hadn't been desperate not to do any work, that record would have been lost.
    Definitely don't doubt Dawn - not if you value your life

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cazyoung View Post
    Somewhat surprised after that lot 1) you can remember what you drank 2) you are still alive as that amount of booze is getting towards acute alcohol poisoning.
    How is the hangover????
    I feel a lot better now thanks. You cannot go out and run a marathon without training. Same goes for drinking. You need to train for marathon sessions
    Remember anything you read on the internet was probably written by some guy sitting at home in his underpants! Including this !!

Established TDF Member steelemonkey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Divemouse View Post
    Just had a weird chain of events - was looking at a Scottish form where someone had used a common name for a nudibranch that I didn't recognise. Looked it up on Google, saw it was something very common and dull. Was about to move on, when I noticed that at the very bottom of the page was a result that also mentioned the dive site the form was from. Clicked on it and it was a FB photo from the people who had filled the form in. They had mistaken the ID and it was in fact only the second ever record for that particular slug in Scotland, the first being in 1910. If they'd used the correct name or I hadn't been desperate not to do any work, that record would have been lost.
    So there is some point to Seasearch then.
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Not really, it could have just gone through on the nod.
    Definitely don't doubt Dawn - not if you value your life

Established TDF Member steelemonkey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Not really, it could have just gone through on the nod.
    Oh, so it is pointless then. I have often wondered.
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by cazyoung View Post
    How is the hangover????
    Your stomach is not practised enough. It seems much of the variability of ethanol effects orally is down to gastric alcohol dehydrogenase activity varying significantly https://www.gastrojournal.org/articl...96)70085-9/pdf
    Caution with cimetidine and presumably other H2 receptor drugs (ranitidine Zantac) may increase alcohol effects by this mechanism. Just thinking that all practitioners of binge drinking should be aware how different doses may affect them.
    Evolution is great at solving problems. It's the methods that concern me.
    Tim Digger

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Digger View Post
    Your stomach is not practised enough. It seems much of the variability of ethanol effects orally is down to gastric alcohol dehydrogenase activity varying significantly https://www.gastrojournal.org/articl...96)70085-9/pdf
    Caution with cimetidine and presumably other H2 receptor drugs (ranitidine Zantac) may increase alcohol effects by this mechanism. Just thinking that all practitioners of binge drinking should be aware how different doses may affect them.
    You list me after the 1st sentence

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Good interception, but perhaps a little unfair to criticise those who failed to recognise something only recorded once before. I wonder how many would have (count have?) got it right?
    Mah N Mah N