Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3400 of 3505 FirstFirst ... 2400290033003350339033983399340034013402341034503500 ... LastLast
Results 33,991 to 34,000 of 35044
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The thing that cheers me up about that series is how all the really exciting people just accidentally fell into it after planning an entirely different life. I still live in hope.
    Definitely don't doubt Dawn - not if you value your life

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay_Benson View Post
    Driving into work today, I was late in, I listened to “A Life Scientific”.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000rcnl
    Some fabulous stories....
    Geoff Palmer on Brewing
    Patricia Wiltshire on pollen. (not what you expect and someone whose nightmares you would never want to hear. She must have amazing powers of self-belief).

Established TDF Member steelemonkey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I think it was Noggin who mentioned these:-
    https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/produkt...lack-50301166/

Could I also say they are good for aerating wine.
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    We've been binge watching 'The Moomins' from the 1990s and it's apparently the ideal mix of shape and movement to fascinate the cat, who sits transfixed about 3 inches from the screen. He's now learnt to recognise the theme tune and comes galloping into the room whenever it starts, which is rather cute. Yesterday, we had a phone call and paused the tv halfway through the opening credits. The cat stared hopefully at the screen for a bit, became dejected, then moved to Rob's arm of the sofa and stared at him HARD until he put the phone down and started it up again. He's going to be devastated when we run out of episodes.

Established TDF Member steelemonkey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Divemouse View Post
    We've been binge watching 'The Moomins' from the 1990s and it's apparently the ideal mix of shape and movement to fascinate the cat, who sits transfixed about 3 inches from the screen. He's now learnt to recognise the theme tune and comes galloping into the room whenever it starts, which is rather cute. Yesterday, we had a phone call and paused the tv halfway through the opening credits. The cat stared hopefully at the screen for a bit, became dejected, then moved to Rob's arm of the sofa and stared at him HARD until he put the phone down and started it up again. He's going to be devastated when we run out of episodes.
    I used to have a cat which enjoyed watching snooker. He used to look round the side of the TV waiting for the balls to appear if they went off screen.
    I also used to look after a dog which hated Noel Edmonds. She would growl quite nastily at him. Just him, never anyone else. No idea why.
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by steelemonkey View Post
    I used to have a cat which enjoyed watching snooker. He used to look round the side of the TV waiting for the balls to appear if they went off screen.
    I also used to look after a dog which hated Noel Edmonds. She would growl quite nastily at him. Just him, never anyone else. No idea why.
    Probably hung up by the feet as a puppy
    Evolution is great at solving problems. It's the methods that concern me.
    Tim Digger

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    By Noel Edmonds?

Established TDF Member Nickpicks's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Divemouse View Post
    How many episodes did they make of Moomins? I don't think I've ever seen them, but I loved the books as a kid.
    Proud to be a boring health and softy crap following sissie!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    but I loved the books as a kid
    So did i - this stays true for a little while, then veers off into the usual childrens tv storylines and misses out anything like the squirrel getting murdered by the lady of the cold. I think we're on episode 54 and have left the books behind. I think the earlier eastern European one done with felt figures is closer, we're doing that next.

Established TDF Member Nickpicks's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I am now an accredited Duke Of Edinburgh's Award expedition assessor.

I started off as a parent 'helper' when my son did his with school, and enjoyed it so much I decided to carry on helping.
    Proud to be a boring health and softy crap following sissie!