Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3185 of 3213 FirstFirst ... 21852685308531353175318331843185318631873195 ... LastLast
Results 31,841 to 31,850 of 32127
  1. #31841
    Hail the Children of LLyr
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    As far from the sea as we could be, except when we can actually get in it.
    Posts
    3,267
    Likes (Given)
    1120
    Likes (Received)
    1417
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesp View Post
    Did it take Burton with it?
    Some parts, yeah.
    "...are we human, or are we diver?"

  2. #31842
    Established TDF Member jamesp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Wrexham
    Posts
    4,643
    Likes (Given)
    2541
    Likes (Received)
    1651
    Quote Originally Posted by Noggin the Nog View Post
    Some parts, yeah.
    The smell?

  3. #31843
    Hail the Children of LLyr
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    As far from the sea as we could be, except when we can actually get in it.
    Posts
    3,267
    Likes (Given)
    1120
    Likes (Received)
    1417
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesp View Post
    The smell?
    Ha ha! That wonderful marmite aroma? Not much if it about anyway these days since Coors took over most of the brewerys.
    "...are we human, or are we diver?"

  4. #31844
    I still don't have a member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    In my own world
    Posts
    2,733
    Likes (Given)
    851
    Likes (Received)
    918
    In the midst of this wet and windy weather I have Daffodils and Fuchsias flowering next to each other...........
    A fully paid up member of the CRAFT Club

    I failed to dive in Antartica
    I used to have a handle on life but it broke

  5. #31845
    Established TDF Member steelemonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Too far from the sea!
    Posts
    9,766
    Likes (Given)
    2752
    Likes (Received)
    5645
    Quote Originally Posted by cazyoung View Post
    In the midst of this wet and windy weather I have Daffodils and Fuchsias flowering next to each other...........
    You are lucky. When I drove along the A34 yesterday and looked across the Oxfordshire countryside, I would have expected you to be growing water lilies.
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

  6. #31846
    Confused? You will be. Jay_Benson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Untied Kingdom
    Posts
    2,746
    Likes (Given)
    1965
    Likes (Received)
    1527
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesp View Post
    The smell?
    No change, the locals found dry land.
    For information to help you plan your dive trip in the UK and Eire try www.planyourdivetrip.co.uk

    Public transport planning info at www.traveline.info

  7. #31847
    I still don't have a member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    In my own world
    Posts
    2,733
    Likes (Given)
    851
    Likes (Received)
    918
    Quote Originally Posted by steelemonkey View Post
    You are lucky. When I drove along the A34 yesterday and looked across the Oxfordshire countryside, I would have expected you to be growing water lilies.
    You actually managed to drive along it !!!! It seems to have been blocked for various reasons every day recently..........

    We actually live on a plateau between two river valleys and the water levels had dropped at lot yesterday - was much more dramatic on Monday.
    A fully paid up member of the CRAFT Club

    I failed to dive in Antartica
    I used to have a handle on life but it broke

  8. #31848
    Established TDF Member steelemonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Too far from the sea!
    Posts
    9,766
    Likes (Given)
    2752
    Likes (Received)
    5645
    Quote Originally Posted by cazyoung View Post
    You actually managed to drive along it !!!! It seems to have been blocked for various reasons every day recently..........

    We actually live on a plateau between two river valleys and the water levels had dropped at lot yesterday - was much more dramatic on Monday.
    I am not saying I just "Drove along it" It is the A34 after all. I stopped, started, crawled along it. How come there are no burger vans on the A34? Is it too posh around there?
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

  9. #31849
    I still don't have a member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    In my own world
    Posts
    2,733
    Likes (Given)
    851
    Likes (Received)
    918
    Quote Originally Posted by steelemonkey View Post
    I am not saying I just "Drove along it" It is the A34 after all. I stopped, started, crawled along it. How come there are no burger vans on the A34? Is it too posh around there?
    Oxford county council or Highways banned them at a time when A34 moved at 70mph, too many near misses/crashes between vehicles trying to join fast moving traffic. If you want Burgers/food/petrol you have to leave A34 except at Weston on the Green where there is ?Costa, M&S and petrol just before M40. Never drive on A34 unless I really really have to as there are some real idiots on it so much so I now have a rear dash cam as well as the front dash cam!!
    A fully paid up member of the CRAFT Club

    I failed to dive in Antartica
    I used to have a handle on life but it broke

  10. #31850
    Established TDF Member steelemonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Too far from the sea!
    Posts
    9,766
    Likes (Given)
    2752
    Likes (Received)
    5645
    Quote Originally Posted by cazyoung View Post
    Oxford county council or Highways banned them at a time when A34 moved at 70mph, too many near misses/crashes between vehicles trying to join fast moving traffic. If you want Burgers/food/petrol you have to leave A34 except at Weston on the Green where there is ?Costa, M&S and petrol just before M40. Never drive on A34 unless I really really have to as there are some real idiots on it so much so I now have a rear dash cam as well as the front dash cam!!
    M&S? Costa? I am not a rich Oxfordian you know.
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •