Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2903 of 3475 FirstFirst ... 19032403280328532893290129022903290429052913295330033403 ... LastLast
Results 29,021 to 29,030 of 34750
    Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Hi SO

so does this mean you are going, if so there are a lot,a lot, of of members on here will i am sure miss you but hey ho people come and people go, i cannot understand this throwing the toys out your pram scenario, if it had been me i would just have told DSD to f**k off and get a life, he is not bothered you can't shame him so just get on with it.

rant over see you around we hope

alby

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Glad to see some photos. Like the new dawn!
    Evolution is great at solving problems. It's the methods that concern me.
    Tim Digger

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Digger View Post
    I thought it was driving off into the sunset
    Remember anything you read on the internet was probably written by some guy sitting at home in his underpants! Including this !!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by drysuitdiver View Post
    If mal allows right of reply .

My original question after you said looks like she had a bag of dry cleaning ( your assumption) was asking how you felt when you were told about your kid . And how that relates to how at least 5 people a day feel when told their loved ones have been killed . On the road . By a motor vehicle . Not my stats thatís the governments .

Is that taboo asking ? If it is then we are in. A really bad place. And yes Mal you can edit

I know how I felt when my mum died and that was partly expected..

Mal asked me to delete . I couldnít be bothered to argue a point . Lifeís too short with lorry drivers thinking Might is right hey .. only a joke once you got called on it though .. .

Have I defended all cyclist . Hell no . Thereís some proper assholes out there , that make drivers treat me and my kids badly. Thereís also drivers that get annoyed by people cycling correctly but the drivers are too thick to know the cycling is correct . When they put my kids in danger , yeah I get annoyed .

I had a good example to follow on exemplary driving . My dad. Who smashed himself up rather than kill another road user . The traffic officer who investigated asked my dad under caution why he didnít just plough through them as the tyre marks on roads showed dad was not at fault . His response . I couldnít live with myself if I hadnít tried to save them . He didnít walk for six months

He never ever said might is right, still doesnít think a plastic helmet will prevent a lazy driver from running over an abdomen .

If you feel you are getting got at , how does that make all us decent law abiding cyclist feel with the dangerous cycling thread..

Thatís why we are spiking back .

Glad you havenít hurt anybody . But thereís lots out there that donít have that record . I have named a lot on threads .

. I am happy to say it to your face , youíll probably find youíve got more in common than you think .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not going to go in to the specifics of your post but you seem to allude to the accidents being the fault of the drivers of the motor vehicles. Your post is full of vitriol against drivers but how many of those accidents are fully attributable to the fault of the driver and how many are where blame is at least partially or fully on the injured party? I have certainly heard of a number of fatalities where the driver was cleared of any blame.

I, like most people, drive pretty much every day and cycle a fair amount as well and I have to say I see knobbish behaviour from ALL sectors with regards to road usage (most of this on a daily basis):

1) Drivers should exercise care for other road users but they are not infallible.
    2) Drivers of large vehicles do potentially have large blindspots and it is sensible not to put yourself in one of them. If you can't see the drivers mirrors then there is almost a 100% chance he can't see you so why place yourself in that position.
    3) Drivers should accept that cycles have a right to use the road and allow decent space. Also should be scanning the road ahead looking for issues and not just the length of their bonnet.
    4) Cyclists should adopt the attitude that I am vulnerable on a bike and ride accordingly. No point being a dick about riding two, three or more abreast if there is a huge queue of traffic behind you and you can easily move over a short distance (still staying a safe distance from the kerb) for 20-30 seconds and letting them clear. Do you need the entire lane or can you move over slightly to allow a car room to pass safely?
    5) Cyclists wearing headphones? WTF does that say about their attitudes to their own safety? How the hell will they know what is around them?
    6) Cyclists who only ever ride facing forwards without a look over their shoulders or scanning the road ahead - not a very responsible attitude to your own safety but that doesn't stop me seeing it every day from cyclists.
    7) Cyclists who make no attempt to be more visible to drivers particularly at night. I lose count of the amount of bikes I see with no lights at night (often having removed any reflectors from the bike as well) and the rider is wearing dark clothes.
    8) Cyclists who seem to hope that the driver will automatically know what their intentions are as they move across lanes without any form of indication.
    9) Pedestrians who walk out without a single look at what is on the road because they are too busy to lift their eyes from the phone. No chance of hearing what is going on either because they have headphones on.
    10) Pedestrians who also go out wearing nothing but dark clothing at night and proceed across roads without a simple check on the safety of the move.

As I say, drivers are not saints but neither are cyclists or pedestrians (we are all infallible and make mistakes). Drive, ride and walk defensively and don't be a dick to other road users and a lot of things get a lot better.

Established TDF Member steelemonkey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Digger View Post
    Can't be as bad as the old, stung, scratched, dirty one.
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

I used to be Cheeky UnCheeky Monkey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neilwood View Post
    we are all infallible and make mistakes
    I see what you did there

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulo View Post
    I thought it was driving off into the sunset
    I was being optimistic!
    Evolution is great at solving problems. It's the methods that concern me.
    Tim Digger

Established TDF Member Doomanic's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Strange One;

https://youtube.com/watch?v=ikJony6h_tQ

Can't get the damned thing to embed, story of my life.
    Last edited by Doomanic; 08-08-2018 at 06:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisch View Post
    Seriously, forget about sidemount - it's bollocks.

Cancelled Account
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomanic View Post
    Strange One;

https://youtube.com/watch?v=ikJony6h_tQ

Can't get the damned thing to embed, story of my life.
    I’ll see your 70’s hairy chested medallion man candy floss drivel, and raise you some righteous ghetto dwellin’ bitch slappin’ homeboy rappin’

https://youtu.be/O4o8TeqKhgY

“Don’t push me, coz I’m close to the edge...”

Cancelled Account
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Just finished for a long weekend at home for once, getting the van sorted prior to a weeks’ diving up Oban way at the end of the month .

And still riding high after 2 days as lead driver/crane operator working on media installations with a brand new customer. A Dutch company that’s just started over here, our lot sent me as they wanted, and I quote: “Someone who won’t let us down in a new venture.” Must have worked as all parties are subsequently delighted, and they’re delivering more stuff from Holland next Monday which will see me heading north and ending up on the north coast of Scotland.

Happy days