Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2545 of 3615 FirstFirst ... 154520452445249525352543254425452546254725552595264530453545 ... LastLast
Results 25,441 to 25,450 of 36145
    Banned
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
    I get the reasons, just a jest at the slippery slope of providing your own PPE. That's the employer's responsibility. I'd not take my drysuit - I'd be really pissed off it it got damaged.
    It was the beaver teabag . Great as a surface suit . Useless underwater at greater than about 0.2 bar

Was not long after I got the O3 that is a real drysuit ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    I might know some people that bought their drysuits and heated vests through their company for just that reason.

I might also know people that issued their employees 300 quid worths of chest waders for the same purpose.

That they were only used once, had a few pics in case there was an audit and then found unsuitable and were then repurposed is another matter
    JJ wanker

Established TDF Member nigel hewitt's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    It's always my fault.
    I put my nice old Nikon J4 in the same pocket as a can of coke and my 'Gamekeepers' jacket is waterproof enough that when the can ruptured nothing escaped.
    It nearly made it.
    Just not quite.
    It started to power up, then went silly and locked up.
    Take the battery out, wait ten minutes and it got that far again.
    All it needs is to come to pieces, a gentle wash in distilled water, a loving optical clean, a recharge and...
    But no.
    They had to make it impossible to disassemble.
    I found about a dozen screws, some well hidden, and gently popped some clips but one edge just wasn't having it.
    In the end, in the interests of preserving the tattered remains of my sanity it went in the bin.

Amazon will supply its younger brother later in the week.
    And all the usual clutter you need that is never quite included.
    This time, for the first time, I have shelled out for the three year insurance so I am covered for further coke related incidents.
    In about 1100 days I will have relaxed and do something daft but I'm safe 'till then.

Anybody use some J4 batteries and a couple of chargers?
    Helium, because I'm worth it.
    Waterboarding at Guantanamo Bay sounded like a radical holiday opportunity until I looked it up.

Cancelled Account
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Just finished another grand day in the wilds of Argyll.

Awesome wildlife including a stunningly majestic Red Deer stag, Buzzards, Mergansers, and a red-letter sighting of an Otter, and equally awesome scenery with a dusting of snow on the mountain tops and a mirror-calm Loch Eck.

Just made camp by Loch Fyne and cooking tea which will involve fresh crab and mussels, washed down with a bottle of Fyne Ale's "Vital Spark", courtesy of Loch Fyne Oyster Bar

Established TDF Member steelemonkey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange One. View Post
    Just finished another grand day in the wilds of Argyll.

Awesome wildlife including a stunningly majestic Red Deer stag, Buzzards, Mergansers, and a red-letter sighting of an Otter, and equally awesome scenery with a dusting of snow on the mountain tops and a mirror-calm Loch Eck.

Just made camp by Loch Fyne and cooking tea which will involve fresh crab and mussels, washed down with a bottle of Fyne Ale's "Vital Spark", courtesy of Loch Fyne Oyster Bar
    We really must teach you to take/post photos.
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Today we saw the Viking ships and went to another museum which is like an outdoor museum showing you traditional viking houses and how they changed over the years.

Tonight is our last night in Oslo, tomorrow morning we fly to Tromso. Should be at the hotel by mid afternoon, which will be dark by then

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phate View Post
    Today we saw the Viking ships and went to another museum which is like an outdoor museum showing you traditional viking houses and how they changed over the years.

Tonight is our last night in Oslo, tomorrow morning we fly to Tromso. Should be at the hotel by mid afternoon, which will be dark by then
    The Viking museum is very impressive. Did you manage the Kon Tiki museum as well?

Cancelled Account
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by steelemonkey View Post
    We really must teach you to take/post photos.
    Would that I could...

Looking forward to some downtime at Christmas and not only getting to grips with my Olympus TG4, but also getting my manroom sorted at home. My intention is to construct a long worktop where I can "permanently" set up my laptop to download all my images, and hopefully upload them to th'interweb.
    Last edited by Strange One.; 19-11-2017 at 06:17 PM.

I still don't have a member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasmuncher View Post
    The Viking museum is very impressive. Did you manage the Kon Tiki museum as well?
    Loved the Viking boat museum but was not so impressed by Kontiki it was a bit tired around the edges. The Fram/polar museum was absolutely brilliant and as we hadn't got all the way round we went back the next day!! We had bought an Oslo pass which was great value for us even though we mainly walked around Oslo.
    A fully paid up member of the CRAFT Club

I failed to dive in Antartica
    I used to have a handle on life but it broke

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasmuncher View Post
    No Kon Tiki this time. We were told it wasn't so worth it. So left it.