Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3451 of 3505 FirstFirst ... 245129513351340134413449345034513452345334613501 ... LastLast
Results 34,501 to 34,510 of 35044
    Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    We used to have two BIG dogs - Pyrennean Mountain Dogs, each weighing over 50kg. Unfortunately we lost the male to stomach cancer. Both of them used to fit comfortably in the back of our cars, a Ford Galaxy and a Seat Alhambra. They are also great cars for diving with a huge load space. Both are diesels and return over 40mpg.

In terms of mobile and broadband, we are with BT who do a reasonable combined package. They used to be the only broadband supplier in our village and we've stayed with them.

Established WTF Member Spirit of Guernsey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Would an acceptable option be a combi van? I have a VW Caddy Kombi with a 1.6 TD and DSG. Nice to drive, returns mid 40s and loads of room in the back.
    There are four varieties in society: the lovers, the ambitious, observers and fools. The fools are the happiest.
    Hippolyte Taine Ė French critic and historian (1828-93)

Established TDF Member Energy58's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by John63 View Post
    Hi Ian thanks for the info.

Virgin package looked good so nice to hear service good too.

CX 5 available here so recognise model but a bit small for the dog Especially once he has a playmate. He fills the Volvo boot

CX 9 might have been an option but. Doesnít appear to be offered in uk
    It seems as if all / many of the manufacturers donít bring in the bigger models to Uk

Eg

Honda - pilot and odyssey

Ford - explorer

Kia - carnival
    Big FWD are very expensive to insure and tax here - I just paid £285 to tax mine and I paid over £2k to insure it at Christmas and really struggled to find a policy (though in the country it would be a lot less money/easier) apparently they are THE car to nick right now and some insurers are insisting on trackers too for anything that is a bit pricy - it might be worth getting some quotes for insurance before you decide what to buy. I had greyhounds and I used an Espace for years as a dogs/kids/bikes transporter (again sadly no longer available in the UK) so an Alhambra or Galaxy might be a possibility or maybe buy a big crewcab and put a lid on the load space for the dogs - at least that way you can hose out the back when the little darlings have been rolling in the mire...

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mobile coverage - if O2 is good then look at Tesco Mobile who are virtual operator on O2. Otherwise for a full package it has to be BT for Broadband, Mobile, TV (if you must) and fixed line. BT's BB is good as you can piggyback onto other BT routers (on the 'Public' side).

Hail the Children of LLyr
    As far from the sea as we could be, except when we can actually get in it.
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by F.P. View Post
    Mobile coverage - if O2 is good then look at Tesco Mobile who are virtual operator on O2. Otherwise for a full package it has to be BT for Broadband, Mobile, TV (if you must) and fixed line. BT's BB is good as you can piggyback onto other BT routers (on the 'Public' side).
    +1 on this. We have the lot, from BT, other than the mobile add-on. I resisted this while 3's 3-2-1 was so cheap but now that's ended I'll probably take BT's next offer.
    "...are we human, or are we diver?"

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by View Post

Nissan Pathfinder is huuuuge. With a correspondingly high VED.
    Hadnít thought of Pathfinder. To be honest out here itís classed as medium compared to some of the bonkers sized cars ( nissanpatrol or stupidly large Nissan Armada)

Most of the internet providers have no contract cellphone offers.
    Good to know

Iím with BT and it does what itís supposed to do. Formerly with Sky, which also did what it was supposed to do but BT was cheaper.

Use Quidco to get your broadband for cash back.
    Thx

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Allan Carr View Post
    We used to have two BIG dogs - Pyrennean Mountain Dogs, each weighing over 50kg. Unfortunately we lost the male to stomach cancer. Both of them used to fit comfortably in the back of our cars, a Ford Galaxy and a Seat Alhambra. They are also great cars for diving with a huge load space. Both are diesels and return over 40mpg.

In terms of mobile and broadband, we are with BT who do a reasonable combined package. They used to be the only broadband supplier in our village and we've stayed with them.
    Thanks. Have been looking at Galaxy

Any preferences or differences with the Seat? Build quality, reliability etc

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit of Guernsey View Post
    Would an acceptable option be a combi van? I have a VW Caddy Kombi with a 1.6 TD and DSG. Nice to drive, returns mid 40s and loads of room in the back.
    For me yes, for Mrs John, no. Sadly

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by F.P. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Noggin the Nog View Post
    +1 on this. We have the lot, from BT, other than the mobile add-on. I resisted this while 3's 3-2-1 was so cheap but now that's ended I'll probably take BT's next offer.
    Thanks, will look at BT packages.

Hail the Children of LLyr
    As far from the sea as we could be, except when we can actually get in it.
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by John63 View Post
    Thanks, will look at BT packages.
    Little hint. Speak to a hooman when setting up the account, play hard, and go back and barter/complain shortly before renewal. Amazing what they throw at you to keep you in and meet their targets.
    "...are we human, or are we diver?"