Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2937 of 3148 FirstFirst ... 1937243728372887292729352936293729382939294729873037 ... LastLast
Results 29,361 to 29,370 of 31480
    Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by John63 View Post
    So, our almost 14 yr old collie cross went suddenly lame yesterday. Couldn't stand or put weight on his back leg. Straight to the out of hours vet to be told probable damaged cruciate ligament. This confirmed this morning after X-rays.

Dog scheduled for op and kept in at vets under pain meds and confinement until then.

House is quiet and empty. Mrs John and I feeling a bit lost. Expecting to be on edge for the next few days.

Dogs. They really do get to you.

Dogs knee op scheduled for early afernoon today. Vet said its quite a big op and not to expect any news until 4-5pm.

I am going to be useless* at work today

* more useless than I normallly am

Established TDF Member steelemonkey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel hewitt View Post
    I sit out on the patio with a hawk on my wrist to help her become adjusted to me.
    We play 'flying to the glove for a reward' games.
    What do I do when we finish?
    Hose the patio.
    Sadly Nigel, excitement at your age can cause this problem. Have you looked at the range of adult nappies?
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Grumpy Git, Not Old Yet...
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Ordered a spanking new torch from Light For Me directly about 10 days ago... still waiting on an email to tell me that it's been sent...

I know their terms of business are 2-14 working days to process and 3-7 working days to deliver, but I'm getting a bit worried, as I'm off to Scapa next Friday and have no primary light at the minute.

Does anyone have any reassuring words to offer?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Torches are overrated?
    hormone addled, protective, psychotic, hate filled killer

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian_6301 View Post
    Ordered a spanking new torch from Light For Me directly about 10 days ago... still waiting on an email to tell me that it's been sent...

I know their terms of business are 2-14 working days to process and 3-7 working days to deliver, but I'm getting a bit worried, as I'm off to Scapa next Friday and have no primary light at the minute.

You can borrow mine if it doesn't arrive in time Ian. I can always send up with someone local-ish if you can't swing by

Established TDF Member Nickpicks's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I went diving in Swanage at the weekend. I had a bit of a weekend of "Firsts":
    First time getting salt water on my twinset.
    First night dive under the pier.
    First mandatory decompression stop dive.

Saw my first baby cuttlefish - about 3 inches long.
    First time I've seen a lobster walking on the sea bed - it came out of its hidey hole in the turret, walked accross, barged a spider crab out of the way, then settled back into another hole on top of a large conger.

I did 6 dives, totalling 4.5 hours underwater.
    The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Saw my first baby cuttlefish - about 3 inches long.
    Are you sure it wasn't a little cuttle - Sepiola atlantica? Baby common cuttles are a bit thickset and clumsy, like a toddler

Established TDF Member Nickpicks's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Divemouse View Post
    Are you sure it wasn't a little cuttle - Sepiola atlantica? Baby common cuttles are a bit thickset and clumsy, like a toddler
    I dont know. It's the first cuttle I've ever seen outside of a budgie cage. It was small, similar colour to the sand, had a frill all the way round the sides and played around in the sand for a few minutes while we watched it.

It looked like this one.

We also saw a massive fish which had a head that looked like a conger eel, but a fish type tail and 3 dorsal fins. It also seemed to have a layer of silt over its back, but was definitely alive and swimming (well, hanging neutrally in one of the holds).
    The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair.

Established TDF Member steelemonkey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The fish may have been a ling.
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The fish may have been a ling.
    Finally we play to your strengths