Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3516 of 3525 FirstFirst ... 2516301634163466350635143515351635173518 ... LastLast
Results 35,151 to 35,160 of 35250
    Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    There was a special brew produced for sale in the Windsor Castle shop. However, it never got offered to the public - The Duke of Edinburgh (a great beer fan!) liked it so much that he bought it all himself.

I still don't have a member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    oops double post somehow!!
    A fully paid up member of the CRAFT Club

I failed to dive in Antartica
    I used to have a handle on life but it broke

Established TDF Member steelemonkey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by cazyoung View Post
    While I do not drink beer Hooky still brews smaller batches of beer only available as draught beers in the pubs they own plus as guest beers at selected pubs. They also accept commissions for one off small celebratory beers as they have a research and development area with much scaled down kit. My husband was looking longingly at it as we left!! They bottle small amounts of all their brews which are on sale in the on site shop. They also bottle certain brews which are available in some local supermarkets but are not always available. OH had a draught brew called Flagship which was new to him he liked it a lot so bought a couple of bottles plus 2 each of other brews he had not come across before. Suddenly his birthday present problem has been solved.......................
    I did not know this. I used to drink lots of hooky but moved away from it when the supermarkets got hold of it. I will have to pay them a visit.
    I went to one of their open days back in the late 70's. A good day out and they had their own brass band playing in the garden.
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by steelemonkey View Post
    Whenever a beer becomes readily available throughout the country you can bet your boots that the quality will drop. Sharps, Theakstons, Marstons, Adnams etc.
    Thank goodness for all the little uns, as Tim says.
    I was down in the New Forest a couple of weeks ago and sampled a local brew called Pig Session Beer. It was very good and I would highly recommend. Available online.

I still don't have a member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I did not know this. I used to drink lots of hooky but moved away from it when the supermarkets got hold of it. I will have to pay them a visit.
    I went to one of their open days back in the late 70's. A good day out and they had their own brass band playing in the garden.
    Very few of their brews are available nationally perhaps 2 maybe 3 of the "classic" brews are national. Most everything else is limited locally as the size and facilities of the brewery limits this. All Hooky beer is produced in Hook Norton and nowhere else.
    A fully paid up member of the CRAFT Club

I failed to dive in Antartica
    I used to have a handle on life but it broke

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    We got quote for a plastic boat for grant purposes today. The bare boat is 4k, the quote was for 21.5k until they realised they'd added VAT twice, now it's 17.5k.
    Definitely don't doubt Dawn - not if you value your life

Established TDF Member nigel hewitt's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Trivia time...
    ...but I'm pleased and I gotta tell someone.

Right back when lockdown started I realised I wasn't getting out much so I'd better revive my exercise routine from a decade ago.
    It took a while to get up to doing the numbers on my 'official' post-it but I did.
    As things got easier I upped the load or the reps.

However one thing that has always eluded me was push-ups. Every exercise routine thinks you can do them and then witters on about 'form'.
    I had never done a push-up in my life.

Build up in easy stages. (perhaps 'easy' is the wrong word here)

I started in a crawl position and bent at the hips, then moved to pivoting at my knees with a straight body, then
    a bar across a door way so you start on a slope so you need to lift less weight (cos(body angle))
    I progressively lowered the bar each time doing ten regularly didn't kill me.

Today I made it. <fireworks>
    My first ever push-up.
    All the way down and all the way up nice and slow.
    The next target is to do two.

To put this in context I will be 72 in less than a fortnight.
    Helium, because I'm worth it.
    Waterboarding at Guantanamo Bay sounded like a radical holiday opportunity until I looked it up.

Established TDF Member steelemonkey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Divemouse View Post
    We got quote for a plastic boat for grant purposes today. The bare boat is 4k, the quote was for 21.5k until they realised they'd added VAT twice, now it's 17.5k.
    13.5k for VAT? Did I miss something in the budget?
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    13.5k for VAT? Did I miss something in the budget?
    Did you see the grinning twat with the red box stealing from you? If so, then no, you didn't miss anything.
    We give 350m a week to the EU. Let's give it to Dido Harding instead.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    And possibly you might want to do that easy sum again? Bare boat is 4k, boat you pay for is more; Oh, you want it to float and be waterproof? That's extra, etc, etc.
    Definitely don't doubt Dawn - not if you value your life