Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2418 of 2418 FirstFirst ... 14181918231823682408241624172418
Results 24,171 to 24,180 of 24180
    Nicotine, valium, vicodin... notdeadyet's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by MattJ View Post
    Move to Chorley, the glistening jewel in the crown of Lancashire!
    I used to work in Chorley. Jesus Christ, Morrisons at dinner time... the humanity...

Anywhere the locals take their emus for a walk on a lead has issues.

Too much toluene in the ground from the old Ordnance factory.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
    Caliph Hamish Aw-Michty Ay-Ya-Bastard, Spiritual leader of Scottish State in England

Nicotine, valium, vicodin... notdeadyet's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeF View Post
    putting on my thinking head I put it down to population density, the absolutely soul destroying experience of mass unemployment caused by the conservatives acceptance of the wholesale destruction of the industrial base of the NW in the 80's, and the fact that a lot of the population had and still seem to have a crap education. Hope and aspiration weren't words that were bandied about when I was leaving school in the early 80's.

or maybe I'm thinking too hard and the NW just has more than it's fair share of miserable w*nkers with nothing better to do than try to make other peoples lives as shit as their own.
    You're thinking too hard. It's just a shithole.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
    Caliph Hamish Aw-Michty Ay-Ya-Bastard, Spiritual leader of Scottish State in England

Doing it with or without air. Bantam's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Bomber View Post
    They can't even get that right.

That whole episode of Car Share was quite possibly one of the funniest things on TV.

Established TDF Member nigel hewitt's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    OK all you bike buffs...
    I bought a bike.
    Not an exciting one like you have but a cheap elderly second hand thing.
    I feel I'm probably a cheap elderly second hand thing so we'll make a good team.
    It's probably an ordinary bike just styled a bit mountain bike but it would die if I showed it a hill.
    It has the non-crossbar type of frame so it was presumably originally designed for a girl.

However... how high do I set the seat?
    It's currently set to get both feet well planted on the ground but that makes peddling a dangerous exercise as I feel like I'm going to knee myself in the face (almost) (well not a chance but it's obviously too low).
    What's the magic formula?
    I just rode it home, about a mile, from our local bike co-op exploring all the false neutrals in the gears so I am well aware that it's wrong.
    Helium, because I'm worth it.
    Waterboarding at Guantanamo Bay sounded like a radical holiday opportunity until I looked it up.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mark weaver View Post
    Still no update. I am hoping he has gone on Holiday and is offline.
    Mmmmm

Established TDF Member Doomanic's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel hewitt View Post
    OK all you bike buffs...
    I bought a bike.
    I feel I'm probably a cheap elderly second hand thing so we'll make a good team.
    It's probably an ordinary bike just styled a bit mountain bike but it would die if I showed it a hill.
    It has the non-crossbar type of frame so it was presumably originally designed for a girl.

It's currently set to get both feet well planted on the ground but that makes peddling a dangerous exercise as I feel like I'm going to knee myself in the face (almost) (well not a chance but it's obviously too low).
    I just rode it home, about a mile, from our local bike co-op exploring all the false neutrals in the gears so I am well aware that it's wrong.
    Put the ball of your foot on the pedal over the pedal axle. With your foot horizontal your leg should be only just straight with the saddle at the correct height.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisch View Post
    Seriously, forget about sidemount - it's bollocks.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel hewitt View Post
    OK all you bike buffs...
    I bought a bike.

have a watch of this -

It will get you in the right vicinity for height but only you will know if it is right at the end of the day.

Grumpy Git, Not Old Yet...
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomanic View Post
    Put the ball of your foot on the pedal over the pedal axle. With your foot horizontal your leg should be only just straight with the saddle at the correct height.
    This.

"Rule of thumb" method to achieve same is to place heel on pedal and lock your knee straight, with the pedal at the bottom of the stroke, then set the saddle accordingly. Once you put the ball of your foot back on the pedal, the fit should be as Doomanic describes above.
    DISCLAIMER: If you don't understand this shit, ask a grown up, preferably someone with deep pockets, who your widow/kids can sue. Don't trust people on the internet with your life, your credit card details or your naked selfies! This advice may contain, or indeed be written by someone who is (clinically), nuts.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    What the 3 posters above me said...

Does not play nicely with others drysuitdiver's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomanic View Post
    This . Maximum efficiency , least wrecking of knees n hips . Too high and hips rock and that hurts apparently. Too low and knees are under too much strain .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Those who think they got away with things had better watch their backs.