Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3425 of 3452 FirstFirst ... 24252925332533753415342334243425342634273435 ... LastLast
Results 34,241 to 34,250 of 34517
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrygoss View Post
    Was he eating your cooking?

B
    No it was in a restaurant. He got up to go outside and I twigged what was happening so I followed him out. Well over 1min, closer to 2mins without being able to breathe. Pizza went down the wrong way
    Last edited by Paulo; 23-02-2021 at 07:45 PM.
    Remember anything you read on the internet was probably written by some guy sitting at home in his underpants! Including this !!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    It may be of interest that Dr. Heimlich in his declining years in a residential home performed a successful manoeuvre on a fellow inmate only about 6months or so before his own demise. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-36400365
    Evolution is great at solving problems. It's the methods that concern me.
    Tim Digger

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulo View Post
    The IgM is positive which I am told means that I still have the virus. The IgG is very low, but higher than the IgM which I am told means that my imune system is still battling the virus and winning. My understanding is that when the IgM is negative the IgG will increase but that is my layman's translation of what I understood
    While IgM is an earlier immune response and a rise in IgG occurs later after infection it is still quite a leap at this stage to state that you still have active virus, one can say your immune system is still developing its response to the Covid virus but to say you still have active infection? Maybe but I really don't think we have sufficient data on variation in immune response to this virus yet but I may be wrong.
    Evolution is great at solving problems. It's the methods that concern me.
    Tim Digger

Established TDF Member Doomanic's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Shouldn't you have been observing social distancing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisch View Post
    Seriously, forget about sidemount - it's bollocks.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomanic View Post
    Shouldn't you have been observing social distancing?
    If he died, I would have to do his job. Worth the risk
    Remember anything you read on the internet was probably written by some guy sitting at home in his underpants! Including this !!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Confused? You will be. Jay_Benson's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Nicely done Paulo, nicely done. You now get the credit for saving his life PLUS not having to do his job.
    For information to help you plan your dive trip in the UK and Eire try www.planyourdivetrip.co.uk

Public transport planning info at www.traveline.info

Established TDF Member Nickpicks's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    No it was in a restaurant. He got up to go outside and I twigged what was happening so I followed him out. Well over 1min, closer to 2mins without being able to breathe. Pizza went down the wrong way
    Well done!

It's always strange how people who are choking (especially mildly) want to get up and leave the room / go and be alone to try and cough up the problem, when it's fairly likely to escalate to being alone with no one to help them.
    I suppose the social embarrasment of coughing a piece of food out of your mouth outweighs the risk of death.
    The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair.

I still don't have a member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Well done for spotting and subsequently sorting the potentially fatal issue. I will not try to guess where you are in the world to be able to out to a restaurant for Pizza. I am however rather jealous. Am hoping to be able to "queue jump" for a vaccine having been informed by my professional body that as a nationally registered health care worker not employed by NHS I am entitled to one. We shall see...........
    A fully paid up member of the CRAFT Club

I failed to dive in Antartica
    I used to have a handle on life but it broke

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Yesterday, ordered the Starlink broadband kit as a beta tester. Maybe another 6 months before delivery. At 56 degrees north, I'm right on the edge of their coverage (most of the satellites have a 53 deg inclination) but that will get better as more satellites are launched.

BT provide us with 0.7 Mb download. Starlink will be 50 to 150, and improving as more ground stations are built and satellites launched.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    oooh very intersting. Can you keep us updated?