Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3424 of 3452 FirstFirst ... 24242924332433743414342234233424342534263434 ... LastLast
Results 34,231 to 34,240 of 34516
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickpicks View Post
    I'm working on a project called "Fire Flow Systems".
    Whenever my boss sends and email about it, he puts the subject "FFS".
    It sends a momentary rise of panic through me wondering what he's annoyed about.
    TW?
    Mah N Mah N

Established TDF Member Nickpicks's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
    TW?
    Yes. I knew I should have anonymised it a bit more!
    They also have some sort of management structure thing called the "Fish Finger Sandwich" as the org chart block diagram was a wide block top and bottom, with 4 orange rectangle blocks in the middle. I'm still waiting and hoping for them to abbreviate that to "FFS"

Another funny one I hear the other day was that someone emailed a spreadsheet with the message "PFA spreadsheet" (meaning "Please Find Attached"). Now the whole department apparently refer to "The PFA Spreadsheet" without knowing what PFA stands for!
    The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Many years ago, when I was at Uni reading chemistry, someone at another uni developed a new range of phosphorous compounds which he named 'phospholes'. Of course it was very likely that someone would make analagous compounds of other elements in the same group of the periodic table which happened shortly after. The other element was arsenic...

This group of compounds was subsequently renamed.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Our hedgehogs are awake, well one of them anyway. Feeding on camera last night!
    Evolution is great at solving problems. It's the methods that concern me.
    Tim Digger

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Went for a COVID antibodies test today. Not great results. It seems that the virus is still active in my system and that my antibody count is very very low.

Hmmm .... not what I was hoping for TBH
    Remember anything you read on the internet was probably written by some guy sitting at home in his underpants! Including this !!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Established TDF Member Energy58's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulo View Post
    Went for a COVID antibodies test today. Not great results. It seems that the virus is still active in my system and that my antibody count is very very low.

Hmmm .... not what I was hoping for TBH
    SWMBO had it early in the epidemic and was given an antibody test in October which showed zero antibodies. Don't think it means much at all - her subsequent PCR test was also negative

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Agree it is still far to early to be using fairly interesting tests (note interesting in the medical sense of we have an idea that having antibodies is good but no idea if not having them is bad or indeed good) to determine anything, and I would criticise anyone for the statement that the virus is still active in your system, it is meaningless doctorese. Are you feeling well? If so good we should not be using tests of which we still do not understand the significance to determine legal or travel status. This level of uncertainty I would guess is why the UK government is unhappy about any covid passports, internal or external.

Unless you have had further positive PCR virus tests (not side flow) after your final negative one, in which case , "That's interesting!"
    Last edited by Tim Digger; 23-02-2021 at 05:56 PM.
    Evolution is great at solving problems. It's the methods that concern me.
    Tim Digger

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Digger View Post
    Agree it is still far to early to be using fairly interesting tests (note interesting in the medical sense of we have an idea that having antibodies is good but no idea if not having them is bad or indeed good) to determine anything, and I would criticise anyone for the statement that the virus is still active in your system, it is meaningless doctorese. Are you feeling well? If so good we should not be using tests of which we still do not understand the significance to determine legal or travel status. This level of uncertainty I would guess is why the UK government is unhappy about any covid passports, internal or external.

Unless you have had further positive PCR virus tests (not side flow) after your final negative one, in which case , "That's interesting!"
    The IgM is positive which I am told means that I still have the virus. The IgG is very low, but higher than the IgM which I am told means that my imune system is still battling the virus and winning. My understanding is that when the IgM is negative the IgG will increase but that is my layman's translation of what I understood
    Remember anything you read on the internet was probably written by some guy sitting at home in his underpants! Including this !!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Had to do the heimlich on someone at dinner tonight.

5 slaps did nothing. 4 heimlichs didnt work. 4 more slaps didnt work. The next heimlich got it out.

Established TDF Member Barrygoss's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulo View Post
    Had to do the heimlich on someone at dinner tonight.

5 slaps did nothing. 4 heimlichs didnt work. 4 more slaps didnt work. The next heimlich got it out.
    Was he eating your cooking?

B
    Rebreathers are like women; they pretend to love you, whilst taking all your money and trying to kill you.