Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3399 of 3452 FirstFirst ... 239928993299334933893397339833993400340134093449 ... LastLast
Results 33,981 to 33,990 of 34517
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    A flight delay caused me to miss a connecting flight leaving me stranded in Istanbul for 36hrs. Grand, free hotel, chance to see the place when it is quiet etc etc. But the delay meant that my PCR test's validity period would expire before I the next flight.

The 4 hours turn around for the test was by far the most worried I have been since COVID kicked off. The prospect of being stranded here for a mandatory 14 days was not appealing.

Anyway, I passed.

My record is now 3 passes out of 7 tests. Not bad considering it was 1/5 up til the weekend

Established TDF Member Barrygoss's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulo View Post
    A flight delay caused me to miss a connecting flight leaving me stranded in Istanbul for 36hrs. Grand, free hotel, chance to see the place when it is quiet etc etc. But the delay meant that my PCR test's validity period would expire before I the next flight.

The 4 hours turn around for the test was by far the most worried I have been since COVID kicked off. The prospect of being stranded here for a mandatory 14 days was not appealing.

Anyway, I passed.

My record is now 3 passes out of 7 tests. Not bad considering it was 1/5 up til the weekend
    You should tap NDY for the best site seeing tour. You’ve got 24 hours left and being you is lacking in some serious culture

B
    Rebreathers are like women; they pretend to love you, whilst taking all your money and trying to kill you.

I still don't have a member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Anyway, I passed.

Dare one ask where you are headed or is that classified................
    A fully paid up member of the CRAFT Club

I failed to dive in Antartica
    I used to have a handle on life but it broke

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrygoss View Post
    You should tap NDY for the best site seeing tour. You’ve got 24 hours left and being you is lacking in some serious culture

B
    Didn't NDY flounce some time ago or are you friends????

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cazyoung View Post
    Dare one ask where you are headed or is that classified................
    I could tell you, but then I would have to kill you
    Remember anything you read on the internet was probably written by some guy sitting at home in his underpants! Including this !!

Illegitimi non carborundum

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickpicks View Post
    I just had to renew my Water Hygiene Card. I've often thought that I could answer the questions and pass without having done the course (I've done it several times as it needs to be renewed every 5 years). This time it was all online - about 60 minutes of sitting through videos.

I asked my son all the multi choice questions. He got 24 out of 25. The pass mark is 22. The only one he didn't get was because he's not familiar with the technical aspect of duct entries into water reservoirs.

At least it was only 60 minutes of watching video this time - last time it was a whole afternoon of being talked at before being allowed to do the exam.
    Some of these courses have an option for a low bandwidth connection which means they skip the videos and you can just read (or scroll through) the transcripts instead.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I could tell you, but then I would have to kill you
    Thought that would what you would say Paulo 007.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by cazyoung View Post
    Thought that would what you would say Paulo 007.
    He's Irish so it's 00 0'7
    Find us on FB - Casnewydd Scuba.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickpicks View Post
    I just had to renew my Water Hygiene Card. I've often thought that I could answer the questions and pass without having done the course (I've done it several times as it needs to be renewed every 5 years). This time it was all online - about 60 minutes of sitting through videos.

I asked my son all the multi choice questions. He got 24 out of 25. The pass mark is 22. The only one he didn't get was because he's not familiar with the technical aspect of duct entries into water reservoirs.

At least it was only 60 minutes of watching video this time - last time it was a whole afternoon of being talked at before being allowed to do the exam.
    You should try the rent smart wales landlord registration training and continuing professional development online training.

I managed seven CPD courses in Three hours (one was reckoned to take 2+hours on its own, the rest were supposed to be 1 hour -ish) before Christmas; so I can now renew my licence this year.

How many brain cells suicided in the process, lord knows.
    Last edited by jamesp; 19-01-2021 at 11:38 AM.

Confused? You will be. Jay_Benson's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Driving into work today, I was late in, I listened to “A Life Scientific”. As is almost always the case it was very interesting. This week it was Cath Noakes who is an expert in how fluid dynamics affects airborne diseases. Sounds dull but she was a very good guest and Jim Al-Kalili is an excellent host / interviewer.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000rcnl
    For information to help you plan your dive trip in the UK and Eire try www.planyourdivetrip.co.uk

Public transport planning info at www.traveline.info