Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Big Joe
    TDF Member
    • Aug 2013

Wife and I got our letters this morning and I went online to book the appointments. Had two tabs open at once to try and book them together. Booked one, but was unable to book the other and ended up in an every decreasing circle. Eventually gave up and went to the phone line. Press button 1, press button 2 etc for a while and then spoke to a human. My online appointment had been attributed to her and her's hadn't booked. Cancel and start all over again onthe phone this time. Booking for a major local hub, but the appointments are still at different times - admittedly only five minutes so we can cope with that, but there must be thousands of couples who for convenience want to attend at the same time. Plus I'll need someone to wipe away the tears when I get that huge needle in my arm.

Comment

• Divemouse
      Pedantic Pig
      • Dec 2012

Cat saw sheep for the first time ever today - hilarious.
      Definitely don't doubt Dawn - not if you value your life

Comment

• Noggin the Nog
        Hail the Children of LLyr
        • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Big Joe
        Wife and I got our letters this morning and I went online to book the appointments. Had two tabs open at once to try and book them together. Booked one, but was unable to book the other and ended up in an every decreasing circle. Eventually gave up and went to the phone line. Press button 1, press button 2 etc for a while and then spoke to a human. My online appointment had been attributed to her and her's hadn't booked. Cancel and start all over again onthe phone this time. Booking for a major local hub, but the appointments are still at different times - admittedly only five minutes so we can cope with that, but there must be thousands of couples who for convenience want to attend at the same time. Plus I'll need someone to wipe away the tears when I get that huge needle in my arm.
        Got mine today. No point wondering when my wife's will be as she's in the next age bracket. very easy to book online. I've got booked in for it at an "Adventure Centre" just over the road from the National Memorial Arboretum. Not so difficult to get to so long as you have access to a car. Hopeless otherwise. Frustrating as we have a vaccine centre in Lichfield Cathedral (5 minutes walk) but it didn't come up in the list of possible options.
        Still, I may get a chance to play on the aerial ropeway afterwards.
        "...are we human, or are we diver?"

Comment

• Neilwood
          Established TDF Member
          • Oct 2015

According to an unofficial vaccination queue calculator (for Scotland) I am likely to get mine sometime in April (based on current vaccination rates and uptake). Can't say I am surprised by that but I am actually quite happy how quickly I might get it even in a low risk age group 45-50 with no underlying medical conditions. The English calculator shows I would be more than likely to be sometime between April and July (with my luck it would be July). I suspect that it might be earlier than the predictions from either calculator as the uptake is very high on both at 74% and 78.5% respectively (as they go in to younger age groups I think that will drop) and vaccination production will ramp up in coming months both from existing and new vaccines that get approval (Moderna

As a healthcare worker, SWMBO has already had both doses of hers so no worries there.

Comment

• steelemonkey
            Established TDF Member
            • Dec 2012

I found it very easy to book online. Got second one booked as well.
            Paul.
            If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
            Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Comment

• Chrisch
              Tofu eating wokerato
              • Jan 2013

Originally posted by steelemonkey
              I found it very easy to book online. Got second one booked as well.
              One for each arm?
              There are only two things that are infinite, the universe and Tory corruption and I am not sure about the universe.
              With apologies to Albert Einstein.

Comment

• Tim Digger
                Prior Member
                • Feb 2013

Covid Arms! https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...ngham-56078203
                Evolution is great at solving problems. It's the methods that concern me.
                Tim Digger

Comment

• Noggin the Nog
                  Hail the Children of LLyr
                  • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Noggin the Nog
                  Got mine (letter) today. No point wondering when my wife's will be as she's in the next age bracket. very easy to book online. I've got booked in for it at an "Adventure Centre" just over the road from the National Memorial Arboretum. Not so difficult to get to so long as you have access to a car. Hopeless otherwise. Frustrating as we have a vaccine centre in Lichfield Cathedral (5 minutes walk) but it didn't come up in the list of possible options.
                  Still, I may get a chance to play on the aerial ropeway afterwards.
                  Got the first jab this afternoon. They wouldn't let me play on the zip wire but I did get a badge
                  "...are we human, or are we diver?"

Comment

• Jay_Benson
                    Confused? You will be.
                    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Noggin the Nog
                    Got the first jab this afternoon. They wouldn't let me play on the zip wire but I did get a badge
                    No lollipop? Bloody government cut backs. The zip wire is reserved for staff when having their breaks.
                    Public transport planning info at www.traveline.info

Comment

• Divemouse
                      Pedantic Pig
                      • Dec 2012

Just got our covid shot dates for a Sunday afternoon at the end of the month - it was a bit odd, I picked up the phone and the woman asked to be put through to Rob and confirmed details for both of us with him! It really does seem to be a lottery locally though, people over 70 with the next village practice haven't had an appointment yet.
                      Definitely don't doubt Dawn - not if you value your life

Comment

• steelemonkey
                        Established TDF Member
                        • Dec 2012

Seems like, from March, I will be on "flexible furlough" I will be working 2 days a week and getting paid for 4. Not sure how that all works though.
                        More DIY for me. Might even fit that new boiler myself as long as I can find a guy to connect the gas and commission the system.
                        Paul.
                        If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
                        Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Comment

• Jay_Benson
                          Confused? You will be.
                          • Dec 2012

I have just had a stick pushed up both nostrils and onto my tonsils - yep, a COVID test. No symptoms but as part of a pre-op assessment for an op on Tuesday - no work for me until Wednesday as I have to isolate until after the event. Hopefully it will come back negative - just 24 hours to wait. Thankfully this was done by the NHS rather than Test and Trace so no faffing about, fewer staff than at the local T&T centre - just 4 people as opposed to the 10 that were at an isolated centre when one of the children needed to be tested.

Comment

• steelemonkey
                            Established TDF Member
                            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Jay_Benson
                            I have just had a stick pushed up both nostrils and onto my tonsils - yep, a COVID test. No symptoms but as part of a pre-op assessment for an op on Tuesday - no work for me until Wednesday as I have to isolate until after the event. Hopefully it will come back negative - just 24 hours to wait. Thankfully this was done by the NHS rather than Test and Trace so no faffing about, fewer staff than at the local T&T centre - just 4 people as opposed to the 10 that were at an isolated centre when one of the children needed to be tested.
                            Good luck with your op. Hope it is not serious.
                            Paul.

Comment

• Jay_Benson
                              Confused? You will be.
                              • Dec 2012

Originally posted by steelemonkey
                              Good luck with your op. Hope it is not serious.
                              Nothing serious - all very light hearted. It is an exploratory inspection using an endoscope and possibly removing polyps if found. I have had one before, before COVID, and I am assured that they used an endoscope but it felt like a camera crew went in, including the sound man - not painful as such, just uncomfortable, so little benefit from sedatives. I will probably go on the motorbike - depending on the weather - as at least that way I will be able to stand up on the way home.

Comment

• Allan Carr
                                Established TDF Member
                                • Dec 2012

I've had a couple of those. A little uncomfortable but nothing more. I didn't bother with an anaesthetic = just a throat spray.

Our Daughter-in-law is a nurse in Endoscopy at the local hospital.

Comment

Working...